How long does your blue screen last on start-up?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Manic Mouse, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Manic Mouse macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse

Because sometimes mine seems to last for ages before I get the log-in window. It can vary between 5 seconds to 30 seconds.

It's something like this. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my install? I upgraded from Tiger but I've had no problems at all.

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I recently had a long boot-up and fixed it by running the maintenance tasks that hadn't been run lately as I was never up late enough for them to turn on. This may work for you, it may not.

3. Manic Mouse thread starter macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse

Thanks, I'm running the daily, weekly and monthly scripts from Onyx!

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I hope that fixes the problem, helped for me.

5. ghking macrumors regular

ghking

6. Manic Mouse thread starter macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse

7. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

I've got this annoying blue screen, it lasts for around 5 -10 seconds on my Macbook. I was going to wait till 10.5.2 until I posted about this, hoping there'll be a fix. I'll try runnung maintinence tasks...

8. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

This blue screen lasts less than 3 seconds on my MacBook Pro. It's almost instantaneously logged in after the Apple boot screen.

9. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Running maintenance scripts did nothing.
    Booting still takes around 1 minute, with the blue screen appearing for about 10 seconds. Lots of people have posted about this blue screen in other forums, so I'm guessing (and hoping) it's a problem with Leopard as opposed to my Mac.

10. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Same on my iMac. It lasts about 1-3 secs. What really seems to lag is the shutdown.

11. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Wow, just about had a heart attack when I saw blue screen on my mac. Thought we were talking windows.

I think mine is gray, but only last a few secs.

12. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

I dont know why they got rid of the progress loading screen, it looked better than a blank blue screen and it was more helpful to see if it was getting stuck or just loading very slow.

13. Cronus130 macrumors newbie

Cronus130

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Forcing background maintenance tasks did not work as stated earlier.

14. Cronus130 macrumors newbie

Cronus130

Think I might have found the problem in the logs:

This is almost exactly how long my "blue screen" takes before the login window appears
    Anyone have any ideas?

15. uv23 macrumors 6502

I also get an extremely long blue screen when starting up my MBP, running Tiger. Mine is a blank light blue screen that lasts for about 25 seconds before the Apple even shows up.:confused:Once the Apple appears, its only a few seconds to the login screen.

16. walty macrumors member

OK, this is very old post, but I still drop a word here because this is one of the three results when I search in Google for "Could not get the user record from DirectoryServices for autologin user.", and hope this would help some others.

I just got the same blue screen issue, and saw the same message in my "/var/log/secure.log". And I just solved it by enabling autologin (preferences -> accounts -> login options, make sure to click the little lock to gain admin access right), and then restart, and then disable it.

It seems that previously system somehow got confused with the autologin setup here.