Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
How long does it take your iPhone to turn on? Mine is jailbroken, and takes a good 1 minute to turn on. I was just wondering, because my battery litterally died out on me right now. As in, I had less than 10% remaining, and it turned off. Then when I tried to turn it on plugged into the charger, it didn't turn on. (Is that just mine? or is that everyones? that a iPhone can't turn on while being on the charger?) So when I took it off, I tried to turn it on, and while turning on, it takes battery..which I didn't have. so it turned off while turning on. But I got it to turn on now, and charged it. so yeah...

mohicanspap

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2008
How long does it take your iPhone to turn on? Mine is jailbroken, and takes a good 1 minute to turn on. I was just wondering, because my battery litterally died out on me right now. As in, I had less than 10% remaining, and it turned off. Then when I tried to turn it on plugged into the charger, it didn't turn on. (Is that just mine? or is that everyones? that a iPhone can't turn on while being on the charger?) So when I took it off, I tried to turn it on, and while turning on, it takes battery..which I didn't have. so it turned off while turning on. But I got it to turn on now, and charged it. so yeah...

Yeah my iPhone takes a good 1-2 minutes long. Gets kinda annoying.

gadgetdad

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
On my iPhone
From reset or just on/off? If just from off, mine is instant. Maybe your battery dropped to a point where it need to charge a minute before it came on?

Kylegier

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Same

Mine just took about 10 minutes to shut off and its not jailbroken. It's a first generation so im guessing its because its like 4 or 5 years old now. But sometimes it will only take a matter of seconds.

elenalee

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
webdesign

nice information i got regarding the time taken to switch on/off about iphone
====================================
:)
webdesign

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.