How long does your iPhone take to turn on?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fireshot91, Dec 3, 2008.

1. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

How long does it take your iPhone to turn on? Mine is jailbroken, and takes a good 1 minute to turn on. I was just wondering, because my battery litterally died out on me right now. As in, I had less than 10% remaining, and it turned off. Then when I tried to turn it on plugged into the charger, it didn't turn on. (Is that just mine? or is that everyones? that a iPhone can't turn on while being on the charger?) So when I took it off, I tried to turn it on, and while turning on, it takes battery..which I didn't have. so it turned off while turning on. But I got it to turn on now, and charged it. so yeah...

2. mohicanspap macrumors regular

Yeah my iPhone takes a good 1-2 minutes long. Gets kinda annoying.

3. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

From reset or just on/off? If just from off, mine is instant. Maybe your battery dropped to a point where it need to charge a minute before it came on?

4. Kylegier macrumors newbie

Same

Mine just took about 10 minutes to shut off and its not jailbroken. It's a first generation so im guessing its because its like 4 or 5 years old now. But sometimes it will only take a matter of seconds.

5. elenalee macrumors newbie

webdesign

nice information i got regarding the time taken to switch on/off about iphone
    ====================================
    :)
    webdesign

6. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

About the same time

7. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

8. iLucas macrumors 6502

Around a minute for me as well. Also jailbroken.