How long does you're iPhone5 last?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c11urk, Oct 8, 2012.

1. c11urk macrumors newbie

I know is depending on usage such as watching films or listing to music.

But i don't do alot of that above and mine is pretty poor i think. So i'd like to find out what others think and get?

Chris

2. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

About 30 minutes, with a 15 minute break in between.

3. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

Hopefully the duration of my 2 year contract.

/sarcasm

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I use it heavily all day - read & send 30+ emails, maybe a dozen texts, a couple of 5-10 minute phone calls and a bit of web surfing. Around 80% of the time on wifi with the rest on LTE.

I'm at 3 hours of screen time presently and I'm at 75% battery. I have generally a strong cell signal where I am, however.

5. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I've had results similar to this every night before I place it back on the charger.

Attached Files:

• SS.PNG
      SS.PNG
      File size:
      107.9 KB
      Views:
  6. c11urk thread starter macrumors newbie

This is mine.
    As i said I think its poor. Been thinking about going to Apple.

Attached Files:

7. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

If you've not already done so, charge it up to 100% and then let it drain completely until it shuts itself off. That will help the operating system calibrate itself to accurately estimate the battery's charge.

It's very important to do this if you've not already done so or you may find the percentage indicator falling rapidly and having the phone still functioning for hours with 1% of battery left because the phone just isn't aware of how much charge is actually left in the battery.

8. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Completely depends on what you're doing. The iPhone 5 sips battery power if its not doing anything. Seems like it lasts forever on standby.

But really get it cranking, screen turned up, running open GL game, using LTE, GPS running and I bet it would only last a couple of hours.

9. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Are you serious? You've had standby of over a day, and 6+ hours of usage. What on earth makes you think this is poor battery life that warrants an exchange?

10. c11urk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice.. I will do this.

Yeah understand.

Never really said that i wanted a exchange buddy. All i said is i might pop in for some advice. Like before i seen others on here i didn't really know what to expect.?

Anyways

11. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

There are like 5-8 threads on this. Use the search please, thank you.

12. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Are you kidding me? Unless your 6 hours of usage was just staring at the screen doing nothing, there's nothing wrong with your battery. Hahaha

13. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'd be delighted with 6 hours of usage. I rarely get more than 4.8 hours, and often less. Am doing the 'complete drain and recharge' thing again (did it once) to see if that makes a significant difference. If not, will let a 'Genius' help me understand what is draining the battery so I can decide if I need to turn whatever it is off or just live with it.... Down to 1% with 5 hours and 1 minute....

14. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

So far mine has not been charged in a while.
    standby is currently 1 day & 4 hours.
    Useage is 12hr & 25 minutes and battery is at 29%. It had a near full charge last night be fore I went to bed, I played music on all night, which I do every night and came to work today and used it off and on, and that is where I'm at. Battery life is great!!!

15. iAi macrumors 6502

16. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I use mine mostly after work. Only the web for about 15 minutes and some text messages. After work I typically use the GPS for about 45 minutes and an hour for music at gym. Also add about an hour and a half for Bluetooth streaming in car and another hour on web. I usually end my night around 1 AM with 15% battery. Just enough heh.

Overw I am happy with the battery. I am sure if I used GPS less it would be much better. I just moved though and don't know where anything is. :p

17. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

You beat me to this ... Was thinking the same thing! 31 hours of stand by w over 6 hours usage w 6% left!

18. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Advice about what?

You: "Hey what do you think of my battery life?"
    Genius: "It's awesome?"

You can expect to get laughed in the face (more like talked about behind your back). People like you are the reason why people with genuine problems with their phones get that Genius incredulous/defensive attitude. They probably deal with crap like this all day long.

You are getting great battery life so why don't you save everyone (including yourself) some time.

19. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

With a full charge in the morning I stream pandora throughout the day, and by 11pm I still have 34%. Under mail - fetch new data - turned off Push. And I set Fetch - Manually.

I used to have to charge it around 4pm. Now I go through the whole day without charging.

20. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

21. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

22. GyroFX macrumors 6502

I've been trying to drain the battery all day, so I can do a complete cycle. I got the phone yesterday.

[​IMG]

23. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

These are the best numbers I've gotten and I think they are great.

5 Push email accounts, wifi most of the day (maybe 30 min of LTE), and normal usage for everything else (calls, messaging, browsing, etc.) This was after a full 2-day calibration (day 1: when the phone was first turned on, I drained it down to 1% then turned the phone off and charged overnight) (day 2: unplugged, and drained to 1%, then charged to 100% with phone on overnight).

Haven't gotten numbers like that again, but it still gets me through the day without a recharge. I went from 7AM to past midnight now, and I still have 35% left. This is with 30 minutes of calls and heavy gaming.

All you need if to get you to the next recharge at night when you go to sleep, and maybe some buffer just in case. You don't need any more.

Attached Files: