How Long for a IPSF licence to come through?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wattsy32, Oct 18, 2007.

1. wattsy32 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

sorry just a quick post, just decided to buy the IpodSim Free Licence and was wondering how long they usually take before they send out what is needed to unlock this thing!

Just eagerly awaiting to use this thing, i haven't been able to do anything with it all day :(

thanks in advance

2. PDE macrumors 68020

I think it depends on who you buy it from. Mine took maybe 3-4 hours before it was activate. You don't need to wait! Just try to run the software on your phone and it will give you an error message if it hasn't been activated yet. Keep trying, chances are it's already active!

3. Spanners macrumors member

I'm fairly sure it is registered with the as soon as you pay... (Or within an hour or something)

So just give it a go and it should work, I didn't recieve any email. Just download Simfree1.6 from your retailer and stick it on the phone.

if it doesn't work straight away then pop out the sim card and try again.

4. wattsy32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to sound like the biggest tool, but how do you get the sim card out? Paper Clip? lol sorry i sound like a dead beat but i seriously dont know.

Ps. This forum is a really friendly one! Cheers guys!

5. Spanners macrumors member

6. PDE macrumors 68020

I'm sorry, but Apple is cracking down on people using unauthorized paperclips. If you use one that has not been provided to you by Apple, Apple will void your warranty and register your iphone's serial number so that you cannot obtain service in the future. Official paperclips are available for a nominal handling and shipping fee of $9.99 plus any applicable taxes. If you need to remove the sim more than once, you need to purchase the discounted paperclip 5-pack for $48.95.

You've been warned!

7. b1NARY73 macrumors newbie

b1NARY73

That was just what I needed to get my day going! LOLOLOLOL!!!!! Cheers!:D

8. Spanners macrumors member

:eek:

I'm in trouble now...
    /finds his tinfoil hat and hides under his tinfoil covered desk.