How long for an iPad 2 to be exchanged?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wolfroolz, Mar 17, 2011.

1. wolfroolz macrumors newbie

I purchased an iPad on the 11th at Target, loved it. On the 15th(damn ides of March) the volume rocker got stuck and was showing as being constantly pressed. I made an appointment at the genius bar at the 5th avenue store and they said they would swap it, but it could take up to two weeks and would hopefully be less. It is not really usable right now, and it is sitting at home taunting me. Any idea on how long an average replacement takes? I have the 64 gig black verizon 3g.

2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Well, you could just wait until Target gets more in stock. They have a 90 day return period (though check your receipt). They could try to knock you with a restocking fee, but if you told them you were buying the identical item and yours was truly bad, they might let you get a gift card and apply it towards the new one? Of course, the sooner would be better.

Of course, if you really can't use it at all, I don't know what to tell you.

At least you bought from a decent policy place. Verizon store has 14 days, which doesn't bother me, but a $70 restocking fee even if defective..

3. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

When I went to apple store to have my backlight bleeding one exchanged they quoted 1.5 weeks and that is was special order. Honestly, just go through apple and wait, much more likely to get it there than waiting for a retailer to have stock that they would exchange for you.

4. dstar macrumors regular

I'm kind of in the same position. I bought my iPad at BB. Everything about is great, except for a small defect in or under the glass of the screen that's 2-3 pixels in size.

I was at the local apple store last Sunday after setting an appointment. They had no replacements in stock so they'll contact me when it comes in. I also gave BB my info but they have pre-orders waiting ahead of me.

In the meantime I can still use the unit just fine. However if it gets to the point that I'm waiting on a replacement too long I'll just return mine to BB (although I should have 45 days for their premiere silver program) and buy again sometime in the future. I still have my original iPad to use. I'll sell that once things are squared away with the iPad 2.

5. wolfroolz thread starter macrumors newbie

I am pretty sure that I am stuck waiting, a check of stock at Target shows nothing, so I don't imagine that they will have the stock or be thrilled to replace mine as opposed to a new sale if they did. If I do a return I will be in the same place as everyone else in NYC, which seems to getting nowhere fast. So it is all in apple's hands now. It is just beyond fustrating to have a basically unusable iPad (volume display is permanently on the screen/stuck with volume off/random rebooting) taunting me, while I wait on the replacement. I think I should have told them to hold it the apple store, at least then it wouldnt call to me. *crossing fingers it will show up by this weekend*