How long for "Apple Financial Services" application to be approved ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fredsarran, Jun 14, 2010.

1. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

Hi,

I am in the UK, and since the 24 May 2010, I have been waiting for my application to "Apple Financial Services", to be approved. My order is an iPad 64GB Wifi+3G.

How long for "Apple Financial Services" application to be approved ? What has been your experience ? Any delays in receiving your order when choosing AFS ?

Cheers.

PS : I phoned Apple UK a few times, and they each time stated "your application should be with us soon, in a few days, then order will be processed". Well, "soon" means "long" for Apple ?

2. racketeer71 macrumors regular

Look on the bright side: The slowness enable you to cancel your AFS application.

Buying items - with rapidly declining value - on credit is never a good idea, as far as I can tell. It seems the APR in the UK from AFS is 15,9% - that's probably 50-100% more than what your bank would charge.

3. fredsarran thread starter macrumors 6502

fredsarran

If I took a loan with my bank (Bank of Scotland) : Minimum is £1000 - APR is 22.9% !

As well, I agree with your statement about the value of such item, yet, I need a iPad for business purposes, so getting rid of it in 3 years time, its ok with me.