How long for Applecare registration process?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alana22, Sep 25, 2008.

1. alana22 macrumors regular

I registered my Applecare yesterday around noon.. it's now 10:15am, almost 24 hours later, and I've still yet to receive my email confirming my registration. When I go to the Apple support site the Agreement Status is: "Status: Registration in progress"

Is this normal? How long should the process take to complete?

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

There is usually a phone number with the registration info. Give it call - your email may have been eaten by a spam filter or some such.

3. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I don't recall ever getting an email after registering Applecare for my Mac Pro. It did take a few days for the online status to show it being active with the new expiration date.

-Kevin

4. mdgolom macrumors 6502

I'll agree with a previous post that I don't remember ever getting an e-mail confirmation. If it's a Mac, you will receive paperwork in the mail.

5. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

He is right. I have always bought mine before the year is up and then I called them. They registered it for me and made it active immediately. Then they sent me it in the mail.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Actually, I received an email confirmation, rather than a postal notification. However, it did take a while to show up on their records, thus I had the store staff call them. They required a copy of the till receipt as proof of purchase, and the store faxed that to them, whereupon everything was fine.
    Good luck and cheers