How long for custom mac pro via ADC store to ship?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fairnymph, May 2, 2007.

1. fairnymph macrumors 6502

fairnymph

I just ordered my mac pro (dual 3.0 ghz quad core, ATI Radeon video card, BT + wireless, otherwise all the defaults). At about 2:30 pm today, Wednesday. It says 7-10 business days to ship.

What has your experience been with ordering stuff from the ADC store? It's a student membership and being shipped to NH, if that matters.

My friend actually got it for me, I will be driving up there to get it, so trying to plan when it might arrive. Any way it would arrive by May 8th?

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I would guess that it would ship within 7 - 10 business days myself. When I ordered mine it was pretty much bang on the estimate for shipping (the last available day) and turned up three days later.

3. fairnymph thread starter macrumors 6502

fairnymph

Huh, they have shipping + delivery.

This is what it says in the email:

Ships by: May 11 - May 16
    Delivers by: May 15 - May 22

So do you think it will show up May 22-May 25th?

4. rmapple macrumors newbie

rmapple

I've been thinking about joining ADC. Does it offer a discount for memebers? How much? Do you know any terms and restricitons?

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Sorry about my previous comment but I couldn't resist. I would guess based on the info you provided that your Mac will turn up on the 21 - 22 May.

6. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

Ships by = leaves the factory
    Delivers by = when FedEx will have it

You could have it as soon as May 15th but no later than May 22nd

7. godoggo macrumors newbie

I ordered from ADC earlier in the week and noticed that when I added the xt1900 to my Mac Pro, it increased the build time from 3 days to 5 to 7 days. Bummer. I was hoping to get it sooner.

8. fairnymph thread starter macrumors 6502

fairnymph

Okay, thanks Cromulent. Sigh! That seems like so long. I guess I won't have my adapter for my monitor until May 16th though anyway. :\

I only know about the student ADC membership. You can only make one hardware purchase (ever). It's about 18% off retail prices.

Of course I had to add that video card -- I wonder why that delays it so much?

9. godoggo macrumors newbie

I would guess that they want to be sure they have enough in stock to fill all their orders. 3 to 5 days means they have enough, 5 to 7 days might mean they have some on order.

10. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Because it is most likely sampled in China then.

11. fairnymph thread starter macrumors 6502

fairnymph

12. mcgratma macrumors newbie

10 days and counting . . .

Have ordered Octo with XT card - otherwise stock. It's now 10 days since I ordered and it still hasn't shipped. I'll be travelling for the next two weeks (so won't be able to unpack) and am tempted to cancel the order and then reorder post WWDC just in case there are any graphics card other upgrades (which in theory would mean only waiting a week longer than I'm going to have to now as it stands). Does this make sense or am I just irritated by the delay?

13. fairnymph thread starter macrumors 6502

fairnymph

Well, on my thing it says it will ship 9-14 days after I ordered it, so yours not shipping yet falls within that range. Thus not really a delay. Still annoying though. I'm on edge for my system!

14. mcgratma macrumors newbie

Fairnymph, was encouranged by your post, but just received email that shipping is now not expected (earliest) until 18/05 w/shipping 25/05 and they won't let me cancel the order on the Mac Pro. Will speak with Apple tomorrow to cancel the Mac Pro itself, but all increasingly fishy . . . anyway. Best of luck with your box.

15. fairnymph thread starter macrumors 6502

fairnymph

Ouch! And what day did you place your order?

I hope I don't get an email like that.

:(

16. fairnymph thread starter macrumors 6502

fairnymph

Looks like mine is in the early - middle of its range for arrival, as I got this email on the 12th:

Shipment Date:
    MAY 12, 2007

Delivers by:
    MAY 18, 2007

And a tracking number for FedEx, but it doesn't work.