How long from turning it on can I be up and running?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Karvel, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Karvel macrumors regular

Hi

this is a random question but anyway - My gran is getting me an iPod touch as a (belated) birthday present and I would be pretty keen to have her see what it can do etc. and I've heard that it comes part-charged (unlike most electrical items), BUT you then have to sync with iTunes?! How long does that take? If, the first time I plug it in to iTunes, I choose "Manually manage" or whatever will I be up and running pretty quickly?

:eek:

2. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I was up and running in about an hour or so last night. I just got mine in the mail last night. I had to do the software update, plus transfer a lot of video material and music. I had a lot, so it took a while.

3. Karvel thread starter macrumors regular

So if I just wanted to transfer say an albums worth of songs (just as a demo) would it be much quicker? And how long does it take to install/sync(?) the Jan 2008 software update?

4. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

Mine came with the january software updates pre-installed. You're ipod should too, as they all do now. If you just want to show it to her, and not do the whole setup at first, that wouldn't take more then 10 minutes I'd say.

You just connect to iTunes and select a few settings (manually manage music) and then eject. Later you can set up wi-fi, mail, and transfer all your music.

5. Karvel thread starter macrumors regular