How long has it really been?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Opstech, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

With all the talk and crying about people wanting apple to update their uMBP's, how long has it really been since the last update?

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

June 8, 2009

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

4. mr.gaga macrumors newbie

5. mrobison macrumors member

Too frickin' long in my humble opinion. Come on Wednesday!

6. asears08 macrumors newbie

Im hoping they announce some sort of update soon. Im in the market for a new computer and Im leaning heavily toward the 17" MacBook Pro, but for the money Im going to drop I want to get the most recent spec'd machine.

It will be my first Mac, so I really hope it happens soon.

7. gonewestcoast macrumors member

Technology moves a bit swiftly for the delay in refresh cycles Apple has been showing lately.

Hard to justify sometimes when you wind up spending more than a beefier Lenovo on something that's using old tech...

8. Opstech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I just find it comical that people will fib to give the true reason to get the newest model. Why cant people say the want the best because it's simply the best and newest??????? My friend, who only uses his mac for writing and browsing, told me he's going to get the new MBP......I reminded him that his is only 6 months old and it's fast as hell. He told me it's because it's the newest one.
    Do any of you know anyone like this? It's crazy!

9. gonewestcoast macrumors member

Sort of. Problem is, once you start chasing the upgrade train, it can get very hard to stop...

10. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

I was like this the last time but that was because I had a 2007 Santa Rosa MBP and it was kinda hard to look at the beautiful unibodies without buying one. Personally, the unibodies were a pretty "big" update, both aesthetically and spec-wise, but I certainly won't be getting the newest and best one just because of a 0.2 gHz and HDD update. Doesn't make a big difference to me for the stuff that I use, but it's understandable that there will always be a bunch of people chasing the newest and best machine...it's just how humans work I guess :p

11. hasnombpyet.. macrumors newbie

12. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

There are a few reasons as to why I've waited.
    A) If this update is balls, then I can get a discount on previous gen.
    B) I've only just received all the money to get one.
    C) I'd much prefer someone with a bit more oomph that the 9400M in the MacBook Pro 13". If it's just Intel HD graphics, which I really doubt, then I'll be going for the Alienware M11x, when it launches around February 2nd-5th.
    That'll piss me off, sort of resorting to the Alienware, as this would be my first Mac...

13. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

welhboyo

Thats truly a Problem Apple has to face here. Gaming -vs- Coolness. Thank god for me it just the "reliable Office on the go" :apple: keep them cool, literally!

14. phrint macrumors 6502

If Apple doesn't announce refreshed MBPs tomorrow then there are going to be a lot of very upset people including myself. They better not dick around with this.

15. HBOC macrumors 68020

i will upgrade probably in a year and a half. I have until october 2011 until i dont have AC left. SO i will probably upgrade in September of 2011. I may even just keep this one and buy a new one. I like the styling of mine so much more than the unibodies!