How long has the download time been for everyone?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by 1Genesis, Sep 18, 2013.

1. 1Genesis macrumors newbie

OS X recognizes that a new iTunes is out but whenever it checks for updates it says I am up to date so I am downloading 11.1 manually..so far it's sitting at about 1 hour for iTunes while at the same time trying to download iOS 7 on iPad Mini (4 hours) and iPhone 5 (6 hours) :(

I am just sitting here twiddling my thumbs! Figured I'd do it at University because the network is a lot faster than home. I can't even imagine what the time is like when I get home! I move around a lot on campus so I don't even think I can wait the 4 hours.

How long have you guys waited/have been waiting?

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

In total (download and install), it took 45 minutes for me. Throughout that time, the estimate fluctuated from 9 minutes, to 50 minutes, to 1 hour, to 2 hours, then down to 20 minutes. It eventually went from 20 minutes to "preparing to update" when it did finally finish.

3. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

Mine took bout 4 mins to download at about 11:48am. iTunes did not prompt for the update (kept saying 6.1.4 was up to date). I did the update OTA and it went really quick. The install took longer than the download. I guess the servers are hit hard right now.

4. LWP777 Suspended

I downloaded through WiFi right at 10 AM PST and it took about 1 hr, 20 min.

5. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

6. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

5 minutes for download and install of new itunes.
    19 minutes for download and install of iOS7

7. Martyimac macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

Download averaged 8-10 minutes once it locked on. Didn't time the install.

8. tuukka87 macrumors regular

tuukka87

9. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

It's saying 3 hours for the 293mb 10.8.5 update, and then at this rate I suspect another 8 hours for iTunes and iOS 7. I have some pretty fast internet, so I have a feeling that Apple's servers are getting hammered, and they didn't think to use any sort of distributed cache. Or there's somthing wrong, or something. 300mb would normally take me 3-6 minutes.

10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

50 minutes. I started it right when the update became available on my ipad Mini.

11. mackandproud macrumors 6502

Similar total here. About 20 min. to download, but a bit longer than that to install/update.

12. iPhilPHX macrumors regular

iPhilPHX

Took a total of 20 minutes from start to finish. 10 to download, about 10 to install. Time to get acquainted with it now, I've taken the plunge....

13. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

The download were pretty much dependent on your Internet connection after a few hours of launch ... I burned through my full 60 Mbps (6 MB/s) on the downloads ... took just about 5 mins each download and another 7-8 for the update ...

14. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I'm up to 14 hours...

edit: 2 minutes after toggling Wifi. Typical Apple...

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

About an hour and a half until I left the computer up and downloading it, I was gone for another hour and a half or so and it was done when I came back. So somewhere between an hour and a half and three hours for me to get it to download. It's installing now so hopefully it can get through to the activation servers and be working properly once it installs.