How long has your best skins ever lasted???

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thechidz, Sep 22, 2007.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I put mine on about 2 months ago and I love it. Its definitely time for a new one but its still works great:apple::apple::apple:

2. 7racer macrumors regular

about the same for me.

Mine started yellowing and the edges in some areas were coming up...

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Over 1 year now :). Only needed to apply it once. Screw ShieldZone's overpriced skins and lame lifetime warranty.

4. justdhruv macrumors newbie

I have been using it for about a month and a half. And has started to peal of the edges and has yellow spot. What ilke about the BSE is that it gives very good grip to the phone. But spending 7$ every couple of months is not my idea of cheap.

How are the guys using body guardz doing.

5. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

I have had BSE and Invisible Shield on ipods, and my phone.

The material picks up the dye from your pockets over time and turn grey/brown/black. It's inevitable. My suggestion would be if the staining bothers you, try putting the phone in a sleeve.

As for peeling off, I think it depends on how it was applied, but once again it will happen. I have had experiences where things start to peel off, and where sometimes it never peel off (on the edges/corners).

6. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

Bodyguardz, invisible shield and BSE are all made of the same material. The only differences are the cut and the price.

7. justdhruv macrumors newbie

I remember reading a review on ilounge in which they recommend the Bodygaurdz over BSE based on the "feel" of the skin. As we all know that the BSE has an "orange peel" feel ( which i have no issues with)

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/nlu-products-bodyguardz-for-iphone/

So i think the material used is not necessarily the same. if all the skin suffer from the same issues, then BSE is a good choice.

8. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

That's not the skin's fault, the way it was applied was not done according to their instructions. Of all the electronics I've applied BSE to, none of them have peeled off and its been 13 months since the first one I applied.