How long have you had your iPhone? - Any problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macdim, Jun 30, 2008.

1. macdim macrumors 6502

Hey guys,
    I recently bought an iPhone and had a screen issue with it where one strip along the bottom doesn't work anymore. I'm in Canada and can't get it fixed. I'm totally okay with that, but before I buy a new one I want to see what the prevalence of serious issues like mine is.

Thanks for posting!

2. cjandnw macrumors 6502

I had a Day 1 (never jailbroken) 8GB. I never had any problems!!
    I sold it last month thinking the 3G would be launched at the keynote. :(

3. Vegan TJ macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

i had a problem my phone gets really hot when im on the internet for a long period of time...and some other issues i just told apple and they replaced it

4. macdim thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a lot for your replies. I'm really just trying to get a feeling about spending for a new one. I love the interface so much, and now using a Razr is really difficult. I'd really only be out $100 because I'm selling my broken one. I'd love to hear from more people.

Thanks!

5. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

What were the other issues?, I seem to have that overheating problem as well :(

Also have a total of 5 iPhones in my household, only 1 has had any major problems. A jailbroken unlocked one, mysteriously just stopped getting signal and couldn't get a network connection. restored to factory took it to store and it was replaced after that.

6. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

my 16gb iPhone I bought in February I never had a problem with it. I sold it on ebay in may. Purchased a 3 month old 8gb iPhone 3 weeks ago on ebay and this on hasnt given me any problems. I plan on selling it next week on ebay after I unlock it.

7. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

my first one bought release day last year had the screen go out a month or so after I got it. Besides me cracking the screen I havent had any issues since I got that replacemnt

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

One year as of today. Nothing wrong with the phone. Jailbroken throughout its life 2 times and currently he is a renewed virgin.

9. cwheatley macrumors member

mine's a year old, and i had some software troubles only when it was jailbroken. i restored it, didn't jailbreak it again, and all works well :cool:

10. macdim thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm curious, do you guys keep your phones in cases, or not? I'm just really bummed about my defective unit. Now to actually find a new iPhone.

11. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

For about the first 6 or 7 months i would religiously cover it in a cloth just so that nothing would scratch. But never like a case. Why would I want to uglify such a beautiful product.

12. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I had one since launch day, jailbroke it and never had a problem.

ChrisN

13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My current iPhone 8GB is a replacement I received in Oct '07, due to my original developing a software glitch, in which the screen flickered a number of times and then went blank. It came back online, but I was a few minutes from the Apple Store and picked-up this one. My first had heating issues and the speaker quality was extremely poor. No problems with my current iPhone. :cool:

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I've had my iPhone since January without any problems. I am currently using the Griffin Wave as my case for it. I like it alot. Makes it less slippery and doesn't add too much bulk.

15. CKtoph macrumors 6502

I (as I'm sure everyone else does too) get the hot iPhone when browsing on Safari on it for too long.

No significant problems since I've had it. Safari crashes here and there, but it's expected and a known issue. I get a temporary lock down where the phone quasi-freezes and slows down for 10-15 seconds or so, but nothing huge. Just minor crashes here and there. No, it is not jailbroken nor has it ever been.

I use my iPhone pretty extensively, and I actually use every single one of the native applications on it on a daily basis (well, maybe not the camera :p ).