How long have you had your MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TwoFive3, Jan 18, 2011.

1. TwoFive3 macrumors member

I just bought a used 15" Macbook Pro (Santa Rosa) with a 2.4 Processor, 4GB Ram, and 500GB harddrive. Mint condition. Mint, mint! So mint in fact it hardly has a mark or speck of dust on it. He even used a keyboard and mouse with it so there is hardly any oil on the trackpad!

Which got me to thinking, I am so pleased with this design (I have always loved the look of the silver on silver body with the thin silver bezel around the screen compared to the current MBPs) that I cant see getting anything else for a while. So my question is, how long have you had your Macbook Pro? Im hoping this lasts me 5 more years which would make it an 8 year old laptop. Is that crazy?

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Before I bought my current MBP, I had a PowerBook G4 since 2003. It looked like new but the hardware wasn't cutting it anymore. While your laptop may last you 10+ years, in about a couple you will want the latest and greatest hardware and features.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Not crazy at all. I have a pre-Santa Rosa MBP that is now beginning year 5 of service and it's working just as good as when it was new.

4. Queso macrumors G4

This one will be three years old next month (early 2008 2.4GHz 15"), but considering it replaced a PB12" 867MHz that was about five years old at the time I'm hoping to get at least another couple of years out of it.

Might go for an Air next time though. With disks becoming less important the portability compromise shouldn't be so problematic by then.

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I purchased my Refurb 08 MBP Unibody in 2009. Had it for about a year. So far I've replaced the LCD screen and battery. Before that I bought a PB G4 in 2003. I still keep in rotation. :apple:

I like the upgrades on the Unibody MBP. Especially the keyboard. On my PB I have to replace the keys. There is a lot of gunk under there too.

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

7. str8bucs macrumors regular

8. ender land macrumors 6502a

About two months.

Love it so far - see nothing which indicates I will not love it for many years to come!

9. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

Bought mine late 2008 and it's still going strong, though I had to replace the battery because it was starting to swell to the point that it kept the touchpad from functioning properly.

10. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

I've had my 13" MPB since this past Christmas (2010). Prior to that I'd been using a G4 iBook since about 2004. What a nice upgrade my MBP was! The iBook was really showing it's age, both in terms of performance and appearance- but it soldered on right up to the end.