How long is battery on unibody Macbook pro with removable battery

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jake1993, Nov 3, 2009.

1. jake1993 macrumors newbie

Not the latest unibody with 7 hours battery but the older one. Thanks

2. bsamcash macrumors regular

You can probably get up to 4.5 hours with normal usage with the 9400m, but you'll get up to two hours less with the other card. I don't have one, but my friend does.

3. sstickygreen macrumors member

Really it depends on what your doing and what GPU your using. I have the unibody with 2.53 CPU and 512 MB vram. I get about 4 hours or less of web browsing using the better battery life, and about 2 hours using the higher performance, this is with a new battery as well. So many factors effect your battery life, wireless, bluetooth, screen brightness, battery condition, ect. At most I've gotten is 5 hours just listening to itunes without the screen on and 45 minutes going full blast rendering movies, so anywhere really in that range. Hope that helps

4. Kristenn macrumors 6502

I get about 3:30 + on wifi using the net with screen brightness a little under half brightness (not watching youtube or videos) and about 4:30+ with wifi on and not having the browser open. 4:45 to 4:50+ with wifi off. I guess that is pretty good considering my battery compacity is slowly dropping below 98% :eek: