Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Somewhere between four seconds and sixteen eons. Seriously, it's not like we've seen him give it before...

They're usually 90 min, but some are much longer and some are a bit less.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
I think calling it Steve's keynote is a little harsh - it's the Apple keynote, and Steve's doing a fair bit of talking, but there will be lots of guests, and other key members of Apple helping out in the keynote.

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2008
im guessing its probably about 80ish mins long. any longer and people would probably just get bored or fall asleep. maybe both.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I think calling it Steve's keynote is a little harsh - it's the Apple keynote, and Steve's doing a fair bit of talking, but there will be lots of guests, and other key members of Apple helping out in the keynote.

Yeah, but they're colloquially referred to as Stevenotes for a reason. :)

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
They are usually between 60-90 minutes. With all the rumored announcements this year, however, this one may be on the long side (crossing fingers here)

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
WWDC last year was just him showing some pretty boring features of 10.5

Well im saddend to hear that I was the only one that found it riveting stuff :rolleyes: ha ha ha ha ha

Applause, Financial Results, Lights Dim, Steve starts talking solemly then BOOM 3G iPhone BOOM BOOM BOOM, some guy from AT&T BOOM BOOM BOOM, Demo, BOOM BOOM BOOM, some person playing some tunes.

Thats pretty much how I see it going down, thats the rough draft I sent Steve anyway so will see if he likes it or not... :rolleyes: :D

jontucker

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
I'm so glad someone asked this question... I've been wondering the same thing since the last one.

Also, can anyone tell me, at what point in the keynote will he actually announce the new iPhone?

FFS.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
It will be announced 3 minutes and 47 seconds into the presentation. I know this because I've watched this keynote over and over...

Hmm, I sense a sweepstake coming on for WWDC 08-
e.g.
- 0:00 = first word from the keynote (not the presenter).
- Time to someone saying 3G
- Time to someone saying the 1st b00m
etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.