How long is the Apple Store return/upgrade period?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by doofoo, Jan 26, 2011.

1. doofoo macrumors member

If you purchase a laptop today, how long is the period that you can return and upgrade if new products are released? I thought it was either 15 or 30 days but can't find the threads I saw it in before..

2. kendrickhphoto macrumors member

It's 30 days, I was just talking to a store employee the other day and he verified it for me.

3. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I thought it was 2 weeks on laptops.

4. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

retail return policy is 14 days, as far as exchange, i dont know. ill side with the post above me

5. BigMoo macrumors member

I am 99.999999987874632331% sure it is 30 days.

6. doofoo thread starter macrumors member

How about with custom orders? For example, I just purchased a i7 2.8Ghz MBP 15" w/ Hi-Res Glossy Screen.

If new machines happen to be released within that window can I return and upgrade?

Happy with the new machine either way. Upgrade from an 09 Unibody Macbook 13" 2.54Ghz.

7. pedrofan macrumors 6502

I have ordered a refurbished macbook pro. Do you think I would be able to return it? It hasn't arrived yet to my house.

8. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

Return and Refund Policy

If you are not satisfied with your Apple purchase of a product, please visit online Order Status or call 1-800-676-2775 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA).

For iPhone returns, please refer to the iPhone Return Policy section below. For eligible Mac, iPad, iPod, and third-party products, you have up to 14 calendar days from the time you receive your item(s) to initiate a return. Personalized iPods (e.g., engraved or customized in any way) may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless such product is Dead on Arrival (see the section below for more detailed information on such Dead on Arrival products). If the item is returnable and you send it back to us unopened in the original box, Apple will offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. You must return the product to the Apple warehouse within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation, and registration that shipped with the product. Apple will assess a 10% restocking fee on any opened hardware or accessory. If you purchased your order using an Apple Business Lease, Apple may ask you to provide a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) so Apple can assess the 10% restocking fee.

Please note that Apple does not permit the return of or offer refunds for the following products:

Personalized products, such as engraved iPods and iPads
    Opened memory
    Opened software*
    Electronic Software Downloads
    Software Up-to-Date Program Products (i.e., software upgrade subscription product)
    Apple Gift Cards
    Apple Gift Packaging (origami style gift box with ribbon and greeting card)
    Apple Developer Connection Products (Membership and Technical Support)

*You may return software after rejecting the licensing terms, provided the software is not installed on a computer. However, software that contains a printed software license may not be returned if the seal or sticker on the software media packaging is broken.

9. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Its 30 days. I've exchanged a core 2 duo mbp for the i7 the very next day that the i7 mbp's were released and it was around 25 days after I purchased it. Oh and no restocking fee.

10. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

At that time, they should have charged you. Apple stores are officially not charging restocking fees anymore now though.

11. doofoo thread starter macrumors member

OKay so it looks good.. I just received my i7 2.8 MBP today, so I have I guess 15 or 30 days from now if anything comes out.. ;)

12. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

When I returned stuff as a manager... I always was 30 days "or so". If they pull the 14 day thing... just ask for a manager. They are usually real nice and will take it back. If it was a computer that died and it was around 60days I would take it back and just swap it... the only caveat was the dreaded CTO (configure to order) from online. Those are real tough to return at the retail store.

13. doofoo thread starter macrumors member

On the CTO's, is it easier to just call and mail it in? Or just try the store?

CTO (2.8 i7, Hi-Res Screen).

14. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

If you are very courteous and friendly, you will get the same in return.

I've found that either the online sales reps, or the store managers will do the best they can to satisfy you.

It's Apple, and they are very good about customer service.

15. daher1012 macrumors newbie

I bought a regular macbook with my student discount and its been about 7 days, i want the pro and im getting a nice paycheck soon, i see the return policy is 14 days but is the exchange actually 30? Also would i still get the student discount on the pro that i exchanged for?

16. slice4life macrumors member

whats the policy on replacements?My 2010 macbook pro died and they are sending me a replacement mbp

17. Jleroy macrumors regular

Jleroy

Which means you don't know. ;)

18. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

If it hasn't arrived all you do is tell the courier guy at the door to return it, you don't accept the shipment and that is all it takes.

19. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

And that post was from June of 2011