How long is the update supposed t take?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by sindekit, Sep 19, 2012.

1. sindekit macrumors member

I'm updating my iPhone 4 through the software update in the settings, but it's been stuck at "preparing to update" with the bar at 1mm from being full for the past half hour. I know I'm being impatient, but I don't think this is normal... what should I do?

2. Lord Egregious macrumors member

I'd say my ipad 3 took 20 minutes so I'd just wait. I imagine there is a bit of moving stuff around to get ready.

3. sindekit thread starter macrumors member

Mods please close the thread.

Seems like I was just being real impatient, lol.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

5. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I started and OTA update at 1:15 and it's still not finished yet. :confused:
    At 2:00, it was updating and the blue progress bar was almost finished. I left the phone plugged in on my desk and came back at 3:00 after meeting with a client and I have an Apple screen with an empty status bar.

Well, correction, I did a hard reboot and it eventually came back to the same Apple screen. After about 5 minutes, since I started typing this post, the progress bar moved and now I'm looking at just the apple on a blank screen. What's weird is my phone just vibrated twice like I received a text message, but I'm looking at a blank apple. Help!

6. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM