How long is this cable ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Medium Rare, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Medium Rare macrumors regular

Medium Rare

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

If you follow the very first link on the page you referenced, your question has already been answered. Sort of. The first question is whether there is a longer cable available and the reply suggests a USB extension cable. I agree that you should look for extension cables rather than trying to find a third party cable that is longer than the Apple cable. I guess that the length of the Apple cable is 2m (6 ft). This is typical usb cable length and whenever I see a cable without a length listed on the box, it turns out to be 2m.

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Not sure if these are the same ones that come with iPods/iPads, but mine is about 40" from end to end. Sorry, just re-read the post and I see that you have an iPad already, so you know how long they are.

The ones at monoprice are spec'd at 3-ft.

Amazon has some that are 6-ft.

Just make sure you buy one that syncs as well as charge (if needed). I've seen some cables that only work for charging.

If that's not long enough, you could just use a USB extension cable.

4. Macsparky macrumors newbie

I have gotten some cables from Cablejive.com very nice they have other products as well, You should be able to find about a train car load of cables that are longer stronger ect... Be wise where you buy some things are not as they appear!!! You know the whole buyer beware thing.... :apple: