How long on ebay?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zap2, Jun 15, 2009.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

If you had a buy-it-now auction on ebay, someone purchased it, how long would you wait for payment?

I ask because someone bought an iPhone from me, around 36 six hours ago, and I've yet to hear anything from them. Also their location is APO/FPO, which I'm not sure is in the lower 48 US states(which is the only place I'm willing to ship) Also they have zero feedback which is troubling.

They have answered zero of my messages, so I'm wondering...at what point do I relist it or look to craigslist to sell?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

APO/FPO is a military address. If they are overseas the shipping should not be more than it would be to the lower 48 I believe. Check with the post office to be sure. I would probably give them a week and in the future make note in your auction that payment should be sent within X number of hours.

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Yeah, APO/FPO means Army Post Office / Fleet Post Office.
    I would give it a few days.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

As a suggestion for buy it now listings, I've always found it helpful to require immediate payment for those.

5. zap2 thread starter macrumors 604

zap2

Yea, I'm kicking myself for not saying that...hopefully he or she answers soon