How long should I wait before calling the apple store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by deathcab4xtina, Apr 6, 2011.

1. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

I went to the apple store because I have some pretty nasty light bleed (looking for better, not perfection) and the genius wet in back and came back and said I had 3 options:

1. Trade it in for the white one they had in stock.. (BLECH... No thanks)
    2. Wait for them to order a service part (basically a replacement from apple) however they had no idea how long it would take.
    3. Hold one from their next shipment.

I chose 3 because I assume that would be the fastest so the genius took my name and number, however that was last Friday and I haven't heard anything... I am wondering if I should call to make sure I wasn't forgotten about... any idea?

2. v4rl3y macrumors newbie

Get the white, it's fresh. I would call them back by now, just to make sure they are working on it.

3. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Just wait and see if they get a new one in stock that you'd rather have. Don't go white if you don't like it; this is a device that costs $500-$1,000. How noticeable is the bleeding? Would you have noticed it if you hadn't heard about the issue?

4. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

5. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

I just called, and the guy asked me for a repair number and I told him I didn't have one, as I was never given one. SO he took my name and number and said someone would call me back. I have a feeling the genius did nothing with my info.. *sigh*

6. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

They may not be holding one for you then. Did they take your iPad 2 with backlight bleed or just take your information? If they took your iPad 2 then you should have given you a number.

7. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

If you don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon I would give them a call back and so on and so forth until the issue is resolved. You have to remember your not the only one with a return/issue. Just keep calling (be persistent but polite)

8. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

They just took my info. That is reaaaallly frustrating, its not exactly a short drive there. :(

9. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

They called back and no one had any clue of my case. UGGH. They had me describe my genius that helped me, and now I am on hold.

10. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

If you still have your original, they probably popped a slip out the back to put a new one aside for you.

I would clal them and ask if they have record of the genius doing this for you, they will need to check the stockroom.