How long since a REAL Macbook update (or release)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by prg3, Dec 5, 2007.

1. prg3 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have been interested in buying a Macbook for a few weeks, but what i cant figure out is that many of you actually call the "silent processor update" a real major update, for me it isnt an actual "full size update".

So how long has the Macbook been the same?? I mean design, general specifications talking, not just the .2 ghz processor change.

Dont you think its time for a new design and maybe a "reloaded" version?

2. cmuench macrumors member

The macbook harddware has never changed since the release. However they keep on adding proc and new mb;s to the lineup and increasing hard drive and other features. The "silent update" was the update to SR(Santa Rosa) 800mhz bus and faster video card with more onboard memory.

3. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

The last time Apple's consumer notebooks had a "real" update, as you call it, was the iBook --> MacBook transistion. Apple's hardware designs only change about every 3-4 years or so, so mark 2009-10 on your calendar for new MacBook designs. :D

4. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Outward appearance of MacBook has been the same since its introduction in mid-2006.

The innards were last significantly updated about a month ago.

5. prg3 thread starter macrumors newbie

A little too long for me lol,
    I will better cross my fingers for a nice laptop to be announced in Macworld
    Lets say they priced it in the rang of 1300-1600 :D