How Long Till 13" rMBP W/ 16GB RAM & QuadCore?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by loon3y, Jul 3, 2013.

1. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

lets play a guessing game,

what do you guys think?

i think in 2 years

2. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I can see 16GB of RAM this year. I'd guess quad core in one or two years from now but definitely not this year.

3. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

maybe apple just worried for quad-core in 13" because :
    1. overheat
    2. high rpm fan rotation

... if we imagine in car, like BMW maybe :
    13" is like 320/330i series
    13" retina is like 325 sport series
    15" is like 520/530/525i series
    15" retina with high spec is like m6/750 series

all class is build for a market segmentation :D, when u want high spec, you need upgrade your "size of car". :D

4. JJ452 macrumors newbie

Actually most engines are shared across all the models BMW offer. The 330/325/330 engines are available in the 1/5/6 series in some form or another (perhaps different tweaked tune states for the chasis and price range). Car comparisons do not make sense...

The TDP for the quads will probably not fit into a 13" form factor (I'd like to be pleasantly surprised though). This is obviously due to extra cores but also the lack of demand for quads at that size - 13" is for mobility. if you want more power then you are looking for more of a desktop replacement and won't mind the size or weight of the 15" (which isn't even that bad on the new retinas).

Perhaps in the next die shrink of the chips it may be possible but I'd say a lot of any power savings will probably be used up by a more powerful integrated GPU. I'm think a few years away