How long till we see the new mini and mini server on amazon?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by LittleEskimo, Jun 15, 2010.

1. LittleEskimo macrumors newbie

I have been pricing various factors out with the new mini, and I just hate the thought of having to pay that bloody tax. My question is when can we expect these puppies to be on amazon?

2. supermum macrumors newbie

It is currently on Amazon and ships right away (I ordered a couple hours ago and got a "ship" notice within minutes.

The ridiculous thing is that if you use Amazon's search you will not find the new Mac Minis. You have to go to "Computers & Office" then "Desktops & Servers" and it will be on that front page. The Mini is currently $30 off ($669) and the Server is $975 or $25 off.

Here is the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html//ref=bt_atcg_img_0/ref=bt_atcg_cta?ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&docId=1000519741&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=03V9893NPMXANZPKMWT4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1266583902&pf_rd_i=565098

3. LittleEskimo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that find! Very kind :D

I'm wondering though if it's worth it to go through apple to pay $135 from the 2.4 to 2.66 cpu upgrade. Man, I can't wait for some in-depth reviews on youtube to show up to better show performance.

4. Jawnathin macrumors 6502

Did you actually get a tracking number? When is the estimated delivery date?

I 'pre-ordered' at 1:00am PST on the 16th (about 24 hours ago). Later today it changed to In stock and I got 'We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.'.

I figured since I 'pre-ordered' really early in the morning, I'd get one of the first ones from Amazon. So it looks like mine is shipping soon, but if you're is already out the door... :confused:

5. supermum macrumors newbie

I have Prime ("free" two day shipping from Amazon) so that may have something to do with it. Also, when you select 2 day shipping they often ship from different warehouses which may also have something to do with it???

6. Jawnathin macrumors 6502

I have Prime and selected 1 day shipping...

Did they give you a tracking number? Did they have an estimated delivery date?