How long to activate iPhone (o2-uk)?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joefinan, Feb 17, 2008.

1. joefinan macrumors 6502a

I did all of the iTunes activation nearly 4hrs ago but my iPhone still says 'no service'.

How long does it take?! I want to make some calls!

2. Pennine macrumors 6502

only takes 10mins at the most somethings gone wrong does everything else work but no o2 service ?

3. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, everything else works fine. I wondered if I was outside o2's coverage but my boyfriend has a Sony erricson on o2 and he has full bars.

This is very frustrating.

4. Pennine macrumors 6502

Have you tried turning it off or going into settings and checking if Carrier says o2 -uk next to it

5. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've tried turning it off several times. If I go to carrier it shows o2 along with orange, vodafone etc. but I can't select any of them.

6. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

7 hours and I still can't phone anyone. My iPhone still says 'no service' even though it can find o2 in the carrier list.

This is complete crap. Am I the only one with this problem??

7. spinstorm macrumors 68000

I recommend two things.

First of all hold down the power and sleep button on the top until the screen goes black AND let go of both WHEN YOU SEE the apple logo.

That is a complete reset and if any of the network settings is amiss it will fix them... you could also get a paper clip and pop out the SIM and then push it back in.

If that still does not work - I would recommend you restore in iTunes and that will put the phone back to factory state.

Personally I have noticed that from time to time I lose signal myself and have to turn it off and then on to get it to work again!

8. cartmell macrumors member

cartmell

I had a similar problem yesterday. The phone was activated at 5.30am then by 10am it still had no service. I checked my other O2 phone I was switching from and there was no service. After a complete restart by holding the top button down it worked.