Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
BBD5F1CE-70EB-4230-B4F8-9428E0EDA599.jpeg

5.5 hours and counting. I’m stumped.

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
My second reboot in 4 hours. Twinssss...but seriously, what have you done?

I have a MacBook WITHOUT usb-c dongles so I can't connect my new iPhone to my computer. -____-
Well, I took the advice and rebooted after 4 hours. When I powered back on the screen said ‘swipe up to upgrade’, so I did. I just woke up and 10 hours later it’s the same bright screen with the Apple logo and the progress bar at the very end. I can’t use iTunes to try and force a restore or set up as new because it claims ‘Find my iPhone’ must be turned off.

I just rebooted for the last time. It’ll have to go back to the store I think if this happens again. If nothing else, I can either confirm burn-in or put minds at ease if this thing does set up appropriately. That Apple logo has been static on the bright screen for 15 hours straight.

Biscotti

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2008
Well, I took the advice and rebooted after 4 hours. When I powered back on the screen said ‘swipe up to upgrade’, so I did. I just woke up and 10 hours later it’s the same bright screen with the Apple logo and the progress bar at the very end. I can’t use iTunes to try and force a restore or set up as new because it claims ‘Find my iPhone’ must be turned off.

I just rebooted for the last time. It’ll have to go back to the store I think if this happens again. If nothing else, I can either confirm burn-in or put minds at ease if this thing does set up appropriately. That Apple logo has been static on the bright screen for 15 hours straight.

It took me about 4 tries to get it into DFU mode. I have to drive into work to get a Mac with a USB this AM... smh.

If you DO put it in DFU mode correctly I think it should be able to restore. I don't believe I've had problems once a phone has been in DFU and I've been jailbreaking since iPhone 3G.

But I also stopped messing with my phones since iPhone 5 and I'm not as tech savvy. Before you go to the store I'd try that a couple more times.

I just got mine into recovery mode.

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Mine hadn't activated after giving it 15 minutes, so I rebooted and it immediately activated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.