How long to fully charge a 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by juro, Nov 16, 2009.

1. juro macrumors member

Just got one recently and can't seem to find info on this...tried searching.

Any ideas what kind of times to expect, from a fully drained battery?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

Maybe he wants to know what is the standard to compare. I will time mine next time but if I had to guess from the latest times I would say an hour and a half though I didn't pay that much attention.

4. dudeitsjay macrumors regular

i'd have to say 1:30 on the builtin one i have

5. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

Yeah, about 1:30-2.00 I would say. I have the 15" using the built in battery as well.

6. juro thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot guys. Two hours is very good news. For background, I also have a 1st Gen MacBook Air, and wow, that thing needs something like 6-7 hours to fully charge.

Anyway, I wanted to check with you guys because I was going to calibrate my batteries for the first time. And since that process means draining and then fully recharging without interruption, I wanted to get an idea of how much time I needed to make sure it happens without having to disconnect it from the power source the next morning when I needed to take it with me. With the MBA it really required quite a bit of forward thinking to do this simple task.

Good to know it's that quick.

7. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

Mine just took 2 hours on the nose to go from empty to 100%. 15"MBP that is a few weeks old. I was using it for web browsing while charging but I can't imagine that would slow things down any.