how long to get it repaired?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pattman247, Apr 8, 2008.

1. pattman247 macrumors regular

if you have a macbook that emits a buzzing sound that annoys the hell out of you, and you want the geniuses to replace the fan, how long would that take, and should i be worried that they will scratch/ damage my new blackbook.
    also should i take off the incase hardshell and moshi palmguard (both or either one) for the repair?
    last time i gave it to them they scratched my macbook to bits which gave me this one :) but I'm really scared of their service now that it might happen
    how long would i wait without a laptop?

2. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

I would take some very good pics of it and the screen showing the date before I took it in for service. Then I would remind the genius and store Mgr of your last experiance and let them know you want it back in the same condition or you will expect a case replacement at minimum!

They should be trained to take all precautions not to scratch or mar the customers merchandise.

Of course this is based on your last visit/experience and you have every right to be concerned. Let us know how it turns out. ;)

3. pattman247 thread starter macrumors regular

can you hear your fans when they're running at 1200rpm or 1800rpm, how about 3000? for me its loud with all of them. when the fan noise is on max it seems more tolerable than the buzzing sound, but only when i'm in a quiet room, everywhere else I don't care for it. Should I still get it repaired? I don't want to return my macbook for another because this ones great just not the fan :rolleyes:

4. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

All I can tell ya is that very rarely do I hear my fans and when I do, it's usually when IM doing something that's graphic intensive. Otherwise my 2.2 Gig is really quite. What you describe does not sound normal. Unless you have low memory, a ton of applications left open I would think yours should be pretty quite also.

5. pattman247 thread starter macrumors regular

2.4 ghz 3gb ram, and the fans are loud when the computer starts up, and whenever I use it, doesn't matter if the applications are using more resources or not. istat nano shows 1200-1800 average and I hear the left fan. Should I get it replaced? Who else got a fan replaced? what were the results?