How long to get order acknowledgement for iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kfscoll, Mar 13, 2011.

1. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I ordered my iPad 2 last night (3/12/11 - Saturday) at around 9pm EST. As of noon Sunday I still haven't received my order acknowledgement. Is this unusual considering the popularity of the iPad 2? I'm guessing I'll probably get the email tomorrow (Monday) -- anyone else had to wait a longer-than-usual time to get their order acknowledgement?

2. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I ordered my iPad at 4:13 am Thursday morning and got the acknowledgment email at 4:55 am Thursday morning.

3. dmaul1114 macrumors 6502

Similar for me.

Ordered around 4:04 am, e-mail came at 4:26.

4. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

How long does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

5. xyz1534 macrumors regular

I ordered mine Friday nite and am still to receive a confirmation email...the order does show up on Apple's site though....

6. chilly willy macrumors regular

chilly willy

Same here, ordered Friday after fiasco at BB & Target, and no email confirmation yet. Apple site shows order, so not worried.

7. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Bought mine early morning on 3/11

I received my order confirmation from Apple less than 30 minutes after I placed the order on-line. I got
    * a shipment notification for my iPad cover on 3/11 mid-afternoon and
    * last night, 3/12, i received my shipment confirmation for my iPad at 7:26pm.
    It will arrive on 3/17 by 4:30 pm

8. kfscoll thread starter macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I think there's a backlog (or whatever you want to call it) for orders that went in after the first batch. It's also possible the weekend in the middle has something to do with the delay. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

9. nasty devil macrumors member

I ordered mine on the 11th at 11am. Still haven't got a confirmation email.
    However I called up Apple and said that my order is confirmed. I even changed the engraving and got an email that said my order was successfully updated, so I guess I'm safe.:cool:

Why not call?

10. kfscoll thread starter macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I did call after I posted initially. They couldn't explain why I hadn't gotten the email yet and re-sent it. However, my order was confirmed to be in the system and I was told I should expect to receive the re-sent email within 24 hours.

I remember with a previous purchase I made a while ago it also took longer than usual to get the confirmation email -- I just don't remember what that purchase was for.

11. kfscoll thread starter macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I just got my order acknowledgement. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. :)