How long to get your conformation email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RKilbane20, Jun 13, 2009.

1. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

I ordered my phone off Apple 5 hours ago and still havent gotten an emial saying it has been ordered. It is my order history.

and yes i did a search, couldnt find anything.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

3. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

I reserved two iPhones several days ago from the Apple Store and have yet to receive a confirming email. Just playing it safe, I called the local Apple Store - they asked for my name and email address - then told me what was reserved.

They had it 100% correct.

Never have received a confirming email though.

4. xleedaniel macrumors member

i actually also had a thread about this because i didnt receive mine in 24 hours. its been 4 days now and i still havent gotten it. but i called apple and they assured me that my preorder is there and i dont need a confirmation emial to pick it up on friday. you should call and ask to mmake sure ^^

5. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I ordered one Monday night after watching the keynote. I know I started watching after midnight, and my order confirmation was sent at 2:45 a.m. I then got another e-mail yesterday reminding me that I had preordered the thing and it would ship overnight, arriving as soon as June 19.

I think I'm in pretty good shape, although it may be June 22 or 23 before I get it. No big.

7. ghostee macrumors 6502

It's been almost 24 hours for me and no confirmation. I can see the order on the website though.

8. Switz213 macrumors 6502

It took apple about 6 years of my life to conform me. E-mail wasn't around then.

9. Switz213 macrumors 6502

You don't even have to restore it with your account. Just restore to default and leave it. If they question you, just say you don't want your iPhone shipped out with all your data and info. That will shut them up.

10. travistaylor macrumors regular

Same here, I ordered yesterday afternoon. I'm sure our orders are fine, just a bogged down e-mail server I imagine. I assume the confirmation e-mail will come tomorrow sometime. As long as I have my phone sometime before July, I'm fine. It's just a phone, after-all....

11. ghostee macrumors 6502

I admire your patience! I want mine Friday!! :D

Anyways, I finally got the confirmation. Took about 27 hours from when I placed the order.

12. travistaylor macrumors regular

I just got mine as well! Came in around 3:20 (Central Time).

It's odd, as soon as I got the confirmation e-mail my order status changed to Prepared for Shipment. I almost wonder if that's just part of their automated system. I can't imagine anyone is working on a Sunday in a warehouse putting shipping labels on boxes...but who knows?

I'm out of town from Wednesday-Sunday this week, so delivery for me doesn't matter. I'm content with my current iPhone First Gen, I am just upgrading for the added storage space... that's the main reason I am in no hurry. I'd just like it before July when I go on vacation!

13. Mirror.image macrumors newbie

I had the same thing but my confirmation came after 48 hours :s

14. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

15. Betelgeuse macrumors member

I got mine (from the AT&T online store) after ~72 hours. Although, this was also about 24 hours after I called to confirm.