Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sxl95

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
I ordered my MBP on Monday and my order status currently shows "Prepared for Shipment." Since I assume it is coming out of China, should I expect Monday to be when it ships out (since it is now Saturday in Shanghai)? It got the that status at some point yesterday, and I am really anxious to get my new machine. It is a 2.2 CTO Matte Screen.

Any idea on where that would ship from, and how long until it shows as actually shipped?

-Sam

jklps

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2007
I ordered my MBP on Monday and my order status currently shows "Prepared for Shipment." Since I assume it is coming out of China, should I expect Monday to be when it ships out (since it is now Saturday in Shanghai)? It got the that status at some point yesterday, and I am really anxious to get my new machine. It is a 2.2 CTO Matte Screen.

Any idea on where that would ship from, and how long until it shows as actually shipped?

-Sam

I ordered a MBP 2.2 w/Matte, only upgrade being the 160gb 5400rpm HD. I placed the order Tuesday, went into "prepared for shipment" during the afternoon yesterday and shipped at 3am this morning(EST).

sxl95

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
So you ordered the exact same machine as me a day later, and it shipped out earlier? :mad: Where are you located? I'm in Ohio.

I guess I'll have to call Apple and complain!

Did the status say where the machine shipped from? Is is coming from Shanghai?

jdavtz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2005
Kenya
The Macbook I'm writing this on was "prepared for shipment" when I went to sleep last night, then I woke this morning to the postman buzzing on the door with it in his hands.

On a side note, it has one dead pixel an inch down from the middle of the screen and they're sending me a new one on Monday. (Seems a better response than most people with dead pixels have had).

jklps

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2007
So you ordered the exact same machine as me a day later, and it shipped out earlier? :mad: Where are you located? I'm in Ohio.

I guess I'll have to call Apple and complain!

Did the status say where the machine shipped from? Is is coming from Shanghai?

I would be confused too. I'm on the East Coast. Yes it is coming from Shanghai. Honestly I would see if anything changes by the end of the day, and remember Shanghai is on the opposite schedule of us(ie I believe they are 12 hours different).

And from what some people say, what is online isn't always 100% accurate so yours might have shipped too.

The exact one I ordered is in my sig. And I'm also anxiously awaiting it.

noday42

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2007
i dont get it. I ordered my 2.2 MBP last Saturday (a week ago) and it STILL says "not yet shipped". The only modification I made was choosing the glossy screen instead of the matte screen. I'm a little concerned that it still hasnt shipped yet, considering I got my printer and ipod on Tuesday. Anyone know if there was a shortage of glossy screens? or maybe if there is somewhere I can check/call for more detailed info than the "Order Status" page?

MOTU

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
I ordered my macbook sun morning. It arrived in Toronto at 3 this morning. Shoulld be here by tomorrow at the latest along with my iPod.

DeathAxe

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
Montreal, Canada
i dont get it. I ordered my 2.2 MBP last Saturday (a week ago) and it STILL says "not yet shipped". The only modification I made was choosing the glossy screen instead of the matte screen. I'm a little concerned that it still hasnt shipped yet, considering I got my printer and ipod on Tuesday. Anyone know if there was a shortage of glossy screens? or maybe if there is somewhere I can check/call for more detailed info than the "Order Status" page?
I ordered a 2.2 MBP with a Glossy screen and a 160GB HD last wednesday (June 20th) and I saw the "Prepared for Shipment" today, 7 days later. My friend ordered the same thing, except he chose a matte screen, and he got his MBP in 5 days.

mikehokie

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2007
Fairfax, Virginia
I ordered a 2.2 MBP with a Glossy screen and a 160GB HD last wednesday (June 20th) and I saw the "Prepared for Shipment" today, 7 days later. My friend ordered the same thing, except he chose a matte screen, and he got his MBP in 5 days.

2 days for me but now i am returning it b/c of faulty superdrive

newmacguy88

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2007
Ordered mine Sunday. yesterday night said prepared for shipment. Today it shipped! I'm so excited!! 160HD, Matte Screen, iWorks preinstalled, 2gbRAM.:) :apple: :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.