How long to wait before I relist my 3g on ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beaucredo, Jun 21, 2009.

1. beaucredo macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Sorry for another ebay question, but I dont know what to do.

My iPhone sold yesterday morning on ebay for $475 buy it now. I forgot to click the box requiring immediate payment after a buy it now. I sent an invoice about 10 minutes after he 'purchased' the phone.

He has not paid for the phone yet. He has 2 feedbacks both from this week. Both are positive andstate "quick payment" bother were for iphones, one cheaper, and one more expensive. On thhe more expensive one the buyer purchased it today (one day after using buy it now for mine).

Since I know he has completed purchases for 2 other iPhones (one before and one after the sale of mine) it seems like he has a need for multiple ones, but my question is...

How long should I wait before relisting my phone, and how do the fees work (i dont want to be charged twice if this guy was a scammer).

Thanks in advance for the responses!

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Just give him another 24 hours (end of Monday) and if he still doesn't cough up the dough just report a NPB and do a second chance offer for the next highest bidder if the price is right.

Everytime i've done a second chance offer it gets jumped on immediately.

3. beaucredo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

What is an NPB, and how do I report one?

He used the BIN before there were any bids, so my only option would be to re-list the phone.

4. nezff macrumors regular

5. jscottbarnes macrumors newbie

NPB is Non Paying Bidder

You can request his contact information from the Advanced Help menu at the top of the screen to get his email address and the phone number he has registered with ebay...

I agree with post above to give him til later today and then relist it. If u relist immediately, you will be charged the fees again until ebay acknowledges the NPB status... which is 7 days I think...

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Where the heck is that option, I have my iPhone up on ebay, and I cannot see that option :confused:

Is it linked with a buy-it now option or can it be used with a regular auction.

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

If you forgot to click the box requiring immediate payment then its kind of harsh to report this person as a non-paying bidder after even 48 hours. I've had people pay me after about 3 or 4 days.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, I think ebay states that you should give them 3 days.

9. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

You should probably wait up to a week. My advice would be reach out to the buyer, congratulate them, and ask nicely when you can expect payment for the item. Tell the buyer you are concerned with non paying bidders for iphones and just want them to give you a timeframe for payment so you can prepare the item and ship it immediately for him/her.

Good Luck!

BTW my 16GB black 3G will be going up in about a week. PM me if interested

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I always give 3 days unless its for event tickets, which I require payment w/i a few hours. So I'd say stick w/ 3 days, but send the buyer a reminder via eBay's refund system so if he does flake out you can get your final value fee back.