Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barnetda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Dallas, TX
I have a Macbook Pro (2 years old) that is currently under repair at Apple. It wouldnt boot up after the latest software update .Initial estimates was a 5 day turn around .

They have had it for almost 2 weeks and say its the logic board and that the board is on order.

This is the 2nd time that the machine has gone back to them following software updates.

I need the machine for travelling/work pretty urgently.

How long do i wait before they replace the machine? Any advice please.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
I have a Macbook Pro (2 years old) that is currently under repair at Apple. It wouldnt boot up after the latest software update .Initial estimates was a 5 day turn around .

They have had it for almost 2 weeks and say its the logic board and that the board is on order.

This is the 2nd time that the machine has gone back to them following software updates.

I need the machine for travelling/work pretty urgently.

How long do i wait before they replace the machine? Any advice please.

the 3rd time you can get a replacement unit, unless your a very very smooth talker.

they will replace units after 3 identical repairs , or in my case very dire circumstances (macbook fire)

hope this helps

barnetda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Dallas, TX
the 3rd time you can get a replacement unit, unless your a very very smooth talker.

they will replace units after 3 identical repairs , or in my case very dire circumstances (macbook fire)

hope this helps

Thanks for the quick reply. Believe it or not i would prefer my machine back but i seem to be sitting in limbo. How much time is reasonable to wait for a solution either way?.

Its been almost 2 weeks and the site still says the part is on order.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Thanks for the quick reply. Believe it or not i would prefer my machine back but i seem to be sitting in limbo. How much time is reasonable to wait for a solution either way?.

Its been almost 2 weeks and the site still says the part is on order.

call and complain, make sure someone gives you contact information. always get someone on the inside to fight for you :D

i have my own personal mac genius i call, i met him 2 years ago during a call about my 8600gt being bad....he has been fantastic ever since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.