iPad How long until a new batch comes out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RJCP, Nov 4, 2013.

1. RJCP macrumors 6502

Hey guys.
    So, for those of us with defective screens waiting for a new batch to come out before trying to exchange, how long do you reckon it will take until the current one sells out and another arrives?

I've tried one return&exchange at a different store, but got the exact same problem, so I reckon I should wait until some newer units arrive.

FYI: my first unit was manufactured in September and the current one was manufactured in October.

2. cababah macrumors 68000

3. biosci macrumors 6502a

Did everyone who bought an iPad this weekend have a broken screen or did 2 people report it and everyone whipped out their magnifying glasses to call foul and say that their screens are broken too?

4. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I don't think the time it was made has anything to do with the screen defects. Mine was manufactured in mid/late august, and it has no problems. It might take a month for the current ones to sell, but they seem to have plenty... so maybe a few months.

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I had 5 iPad 3s that looked just like the Air I just returned (splotchy/discolored). The 4 I had last year, and all the 4s I saw, looked great. The Minis I've had and seen look great.

In other words, a new batch is no guarantee. Its a lottery.

6. cababah macrumors 68000

This.

Standard operating procedure for all new apple product releases.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Not me. My iPad screen came out perfectly fine.

----------

Given the spread (about a month) between your first and current units, I'd say you're at a point where you've already tried at least two different "batches." Production shifts don't run a month long.

If there's a different Apple store nearby, try them. If not, wait a couple weeks, and the "refurbs" will actually be refurbs instead of new iPads packaged in white boxes.

8. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

9. bobright macrumors 601

I have a good uniform screen looks way better than my 3. I was real scared of awful lightbleed and a blotched screen as well did have to run through like three iPad 2's before not this time. DMPL wifi only fwiw.

10. RJCP thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish that was the case, man. Unfortunately, I have like ⅓ of my screen at a decent color. The rest is this awful p*ss color yellow. It's awful. I need to have brightness at 100% for it to become less noticeable. Anything less than that (I usually have it at like 75%) and it looks really bad.