How long until BC338 arrived?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, May 1, 2009.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

How long before the Esata BC338 cards arrived for everybody?

2. moiety macrumors member

I ordered mine on May 5, it was shipped on May 6, and I received it on May 16. Time quoted was 7 to 12 working days; I got it in 11 days (8 working days).

3. Leakyfawcet macrumors newbie

I looked for this item on ebay, but could not find it. Where did you find this ??

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Are we talking about BC338 or BC339? Your title and post conflicts.

If it's the BC338, I ordered mine end of March and got it in 2 weeks.

5. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the correction. I meant the BC338 card.

6. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

Hmm couldn't find it myself. When I looked a few days ago only one seller was offering it. He must be out now but I'm sure it'll be back in a few days

7. moiety macrumors member

8. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can anybody who has the BC338 try to do a full time machine backup?

I'd be interested if you end up with something anything other than HFS corruption. I think it worked once for me but most of the time it hung in a big way.

9. moiety macrumors member

I'll do one for you once I have a free drive with enough space, but I don't know when that might be.

10. moiety macrumors member

Steffi, I found a spare SATA drive and did a full Time Machine backup onto it, using the BC338 card. I ran Disk Utility when it finished and there was nothing wrong with the file system. I changed a few files, ran Time Machine again, unmounted the drive, ejected the card, put the card back in, and ran Disk Utility again, and still no errors.

To be absolutely sure, I also ran TechTool Pro and Drive Genius, and they both say the BC338 did not mess up the Time Machine backup. No corruption so far...

My guess would be that you just have a bum TM backup and you should start over. From what I read, TM backups are naturally prone for HFS corruption, because of some issues with the system's design. So I'd say that I'm not so sure that your BC338 is responsible for your TM corruption, unless you get corruption with everything else as well.

Come check back with us in the main eSATA/BC338 thread, I'm going to be posting some other results from running SuperDuper, etc. as well. :)