How long until iPod touch Update...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Arisian, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Just thoughts on how long until we see updates to the iPod touch. I realize they arent officially supposed to be out for another 3 days. My thoughts are in about a month we will see an update roll out that will take care of the crashing safari as well as a few other issues that have been going around.

thoughts?

2. Laurent macrumors regular

Laurent

I just want the ability to add event to iCal, as well as a way to disable the auto-complete function (I write both in english and french, and it never guesses the correct word no matter if I swich my keyboard from french (AZERTY, which is stupid) to english). I also required Mail, this is ridiculous...

3. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

I have two requests:

1. Fix the calendar.
    2. Add mail.

Fix those and, IMO, the iPod touch is the perfect device.

4. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Hardware update: September 2008.

Software update: Who knows? Whenever Apple have an issue to resolve/feature to add.

It's called the iPhone. :p

6. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

If I could either ...

a. Trust Apple not to brick a hacked iPhone, or
    b. Get AT&T to provide coverage that doesn't suck in Huntsville,

I would have an 8GB iPhone. As it is, though, Verizon hands-down the best provider in the area and I'm not willing to give that up just to have an iPhone.

I'd rather have a basic phone that I can actually use than have an iPhone that can't make actual phone calls. Thanks, though. :p

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i believe the pending update is for the iphone; i think the ipod touch will sit out this software update. as for when a software update is due, apple's released an update to the iphone about once a month, though i wouldn't expect them to stick to that schedule. truth is, i don't know when an update is coming, and no one else does either. just enjoy your touch until that day comes.

8. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

My understanding is we already have the update that the iphone is getting. Primarily they'll get the itunes wifi store.

9. carrollf macrumors regular

carrollf

If Apple were to add Mail to the iPod Touch, would that simply come as a software update meaning that an iPod Touch bought today could be upgraded to include mail in the future?

OR

Would Apple release a new verion of the iPod Touch that you would have to buy to get Mail functionality?

10. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

i realize that the ipt is already updated and my earlier comment was about the ipt officially supposed to be out on the 28th, not hte update. I assume we will get one in about 2 or 3 months is my guess.

Thanks