How long until new macbooks show up in Refurb store?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ---, Nov 3, 2008.

1. --- macrumors member

Just want to know how long it would take the new macbooks to show up in the refurbish store. I would like comments based on past experience if any of you happen to know anything about it.

(Also, the store is down now but probably nothing exciting based on the last MR article.)

2. seattle macrumors 6502

3. --- thread starter macrumors member

So would I :), but are you guessing based on past new apple products being placed in the refurb store? Or is it just a plane old guess?

4. seattle macrumors 6502

I used to watch the refurb store a lot and most items showed up in a few months after release. The MacBook is a high volume product so it might show up a little sooner.

5. --- thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Now, the question is, how much less will it be? I'm thinking just $50, but I can't really base it on anything since the store is down and can't see the prices to base a good guess off of.

6. seattle macrumors 6502

I think the normal discount is 15 - 17 percent or $100 to $150 depending on model of MacBook.

7. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Yep, anyway between 15-17% (and sometimes even up to 22%) will be the discount

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

doing my part

Judging from the two macbooks I have returned so far, I'd say pretty effing soon.