How Long Until Refurbished New IPad Available?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AshScache, Mar 8, 2012.

1. AshScache macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've bought most if not all of my I-devices refurbished because of the extreme (by apples standards) discounts you get-- does anyone have a sense of what the lead time is from new product launch to refurbished stock? I'd be buying a 16gb wifi model and I already have an iPad 2 I'm trying to unload.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

ipad2 refurbs appeared in late August 2011 (easily found by searching MR) with a March 11th launch.

Savings vs. MSRP was around $50.

So to wait from March to August to save $50 -- is it worth it to you? Not me, and I'm a fan of refurbs.

3. miraclehobo macrumors member

Won't be long. Just wait until whiney little people moan about little things wrong with their iPad and send it back :rolleyes:

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Just give it a few weeks for the dummies who find problems with their iPad like a slight color shift, a supposed light leak or that the screen isn't as bright as they wanted so they believe there is an issue.

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

Apple decides when it's appropriate to sell refurbs of current models, it has little to do with "whiney little people" returning things.

6. AshScache thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, I probably wont wait, but we'll see how long it takes me to unload the 2. The online "salvage" sites value it at 260, but I feel like eBay should yield something between that and the $399 Apple is selling new.

7. miraclehobo macrumors member

But the more "whiney little people" the more refurbs when Apple decides to sell them.

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

Perhaps, or maybe just more units that are swapped out for warranty returns.

9. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

Cook is the King of supply control. Refurbs are a sign that they built too many. Expect to see refurbs get very limited as time goes on.