How long until refurbs appear?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nielsenius, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

I'm considering buying a new iPad. I'd like to save some money if possible. I've had good experiences with Apple's refurbished products and I'd like to go that route again. How long does it typically take for new iPads to come into Apple's refurbished store?

2. AppleRocks2011 macrumors member

AppleRocks2011

You'll have to wait a little bit

It'll have to be about a month, maybe two. Apple is usually a bit slow. In Canada it takes forever! It can take a full year for any sort of refurb to appear.

Nonetheless, the United States should be getting some iPad 3 refurbs soon.

I hope I helped :).

3. batotman macrumors 6502

August-September.

The 1 started showing in September.
    The 2 started showing in late August.

4. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Aren't you an SD member? Also, I assume it will take about 6mnths or so. So then as well. Also, is that TPU case really good? And how long did it take to arrive? I ordered one of the Clear Plastic covers for $4, but I may return it b/c of what you say about ti scratching the back and so forth.

5. batotman macrumors 6502

Of course! I'm trying to buy another new 3rd Gen and don't want to pay tax! :D

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Figure on August if ipad 1 and ipad2 refurb availability is any guide.

First destination for refurbished devices would be warranty exchange stockpiles in lieu of new units diverted for that purpose. I'd think only after those stocks are built up would Apple then make refurbs available for sale.

7. Nielsenius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright, thanks guys! That was a bit longer than I expected, so if I buy one it won't be a refurb. I'm not trying to wait more than a month or two.

8. AAPLFAN macrumors member

The rate some here are returning pretty much brand new condition ipads due to the inability to decide on color/carrier plus making them open countless boxes of new ipads in search of the perfect blue tint ipad. I say next month.

9. LanEvo macrumors 6502

If you have time, check your local BB and see if they have Open Box models, 10% off, and if there are any problems, you can exchange at the Apple Store.

10. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Haha yes it would seem like that but this here is a very tiny example of what is really going on.

11. Nielsenius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not a bad idea. I have a few BBs near my house. I'll call around.

12. AAPLFAN macrumors member

:) I know just messing with my fellow OCD Apple fans. And thanks to y'all my stock is looking good!!