How long until refurbs start appearing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Xcelerate, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Xcelerate macrumors regular

I'm going to wait until the new units have refurbished shipments available (to save $200-$300), but how long does this normally take? For instance, the last time new MBPs came out, was it like a week or two or did it take a couple of months?

Thanks

2. ivanpk macrumors regular

Seriously there have been like 5 threads and posts on this in the past week. I feel like a lot of people's questions could be answered if they take the time to read around or do a search.

The answer is it normally is around 3 months after the release.

3. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

That's a good question! I'm sure many are interested in the answer because of the "new" price being so high. Activity on this site is very high right now, so previous queries on this are quickly buried in the new posts. I appreciate the answer above...

4. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

How long until refurbs start appearing?

Well, I believe sensibly, it will take UNTIL enough of them are 'unworthy' and that will depend upon How Well they are Made as always.. I am sure APPLE would like it to be Months and Months.. likely several weeks, but to say when without just Completely Guessing is surely quite difficult..

So, if the added cost is not justified now, and you don't NEED a new one as we speak, then I guess you just wait.. and keep looking on the Apple Site.. Likely Daily.. that is what I did with my current one, and it took me several months after they 'started to show up' until I found one that had The Options that I wanted.. I believe it saved me about 16% and I happily used my old model until then..

If it is one of the NEW units, and anything but a basic model you want, then you have to be READY to buy on the spot as they move fast at first!!

:apple:

5. Xcelerate thread starter macrumors regular

I did search around, but I didn't see any threads. That's why I posted this. It was the most logical thing to do.

EDIT: Actually, you come across as kind of rude.

6. ivanpk macrumors regular

I wasn't trying to be rude but I just also searched and found many posts. Here is one that was the first thread in the search. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=14956861#post14956861 I searched for "MacBook refurb" perhaps we are looking for different keywords.