How long until someone turns their iPhone 6 into a Sapphire screen 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kcgunner, Sep 13, 2014.

1. kcgunner macrumors member

So after reading numerous reports about Apple's distributor missing the deadline by just weeks to put the sapphire screen on this generation of iPhones how long do you think it will be before people get their hands on the screen and put it on their iPhone?

Remember we've seen numerous YouTube videos of the screen and how it differs a lot from gorilla glass in terms of hardness. It also looks like a legit part apple would have made. So I believe they are out there. The main reason I say this is because remember when the white iPhone was no where to be found for months after it was announced....yet many people obtained the parts and made their black phones into white ones? Since the parts leaked this time before their was even an announcement you know they are out there.

I understand we don't exactly know how apple is going to make the screens on this generation, if they will glue the LCD to the glass or some other way that will make this not feasible, but if it is possible who will be interested in this?? MMMMEEE !

2. kcgunner thread starter macrumors member

3. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

i think even you dream can't become true ...

apple take iphone 1 to iphone 4 to catch facetime video call
    apple take iphone 4 to iphone 6 to catch NFC

so .....

maybe you wait till iphone 8 to have sapphire glass or water resistant or 4k display ...........

something people want apple doesn't care ,,,
    something apple care people doesn't want

that how it work ...:D

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I had forgotten about the leaked parts and the barely missed deadline. I'd be interested simply to see how they hold up from a longevity standpoint as a reference for when they actually do make it into phones.

1 thing we can be fairly spectra in of, one of the features of the iPhone 6 and 6+. (What an awful name).