Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
gauchogolfer said:
Just to point out something, if you broadcast in 640x480 you are using a megapixel video camera. What that camera takes stills of, resolution-wise, is another story. But the current iSights are all megapixel cameras.
640*480=307,200 pixels. Or am I doing something wrong?

generik said:
Would it make you happy if a whole bunch of Windows fanbois strap explosives onto themselves and bombed every single Apple location worldwide, shutting the business down?
Not funny. I know you weren't being serious, but that really is not funny right now.

DeVizardofOZ

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
Antarctica City;)
generik said:
Since you are in Beijing why not just hop over to one of their factories, get a guest pass, and go to the assembly line and cherry pick the perfect machine for yourself? :D

Hell, in fact Apple should do this!

Sell passes to visit their assembly line for $500, and once inside you get a chance to pick your computer before you buy it!

HAHA, I actually contacted APPLE Corp. and offered my expertise in QC:p They probably won't even reply. And if not, it only proves the arrogance of them. Mr. Jobs is bright guy, no doubt, but when it comes to QC org I could teach him a couple of things.
:p

DeVizardofOZ

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
Antarctica City;)
MBP's in diff colors... no problem

WannabeMacUser said:
I'd really like if the MBP/MB in different colours other that Silver/Black/white were'nt only through colorwarepc.com.

Hey, it is really no problem to manufacture the casing in different colors...
the Aluminum casing could be anodized (something easy and cheaply possible in any color)
and the plastic ones can be colored by using different resin plastic before injection molding them.
Ghee I'd like to work in QC and R&D at ASUSTEC for Mr. Jobs. I'd ensure a product the buyers would steal from the shelves. Have done this for others...
Best

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
DeVizardofOZ said:
HAHA, I actually contacted APPLE Corp. and offered my expertise in QC:p They probably won't even reply. And if not, it only proves the arrogance of them. Mr. Jobs is bright guy, no doubt, but when it comes to QC org I could teach him a couple of things.

I actually wonder if a lot of the QA/QC problems Apple have been having aren't partly due to to their secrecy policies. Many of the issues you previously mentioned would have been caught by Apple's QA in Cupertino and Cork, but they don't get their hands on the finished units until the product is launched. Up until that point, they're working on prototype units which bear little physical comparison with the final units.

IF Apple loosened the noose a little, their QA would have more time to iron out these issues.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
DeVizardofOZ said:

I'm pretty sure Stevo knows his bit about QC. I'm also pretty sure some Chinese factory owner showed him two MBPs, one that's absolutely perfectly assembled and all, and another with some slight defects, and said in no uncertain terms "10% like this one, $x each, 100% like this other one, $x+n dollars each", and Steve just choose to go with the cheaper option :rolleyes:

atad6

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2006
DJMastaWes said:
I pray and PRAY that these updates are at WWDC. I don't want to wait untill october to order the MBP. Please appl PLEASE have these updates in augost.

I was in the same boat too, I finally decided to just order my MBP now. The new mobile intel chips (merom) aren't slated to release until August 22. Even with that, it's not guaranteed that apple will release the MBPs with the new chips right at that time. I could be wrong seeing as apple has ordered many of these new chips (or atleast sources say) but due to the fact that at that time they'll probably still have many of the yonah chips still lying around and that apple might wait a little while to "break in" the new chips, make sure they work with the MPB, i don't think this upgrade will give us a completely new MPB. I'm just saying realistically apple probably won't release the chip for several weeks (but you never know). I'm just saying, the first relase of merom seems nothing more than a transition chip, if you're into waiting then the best time would be to wait until qtr 2 07 when they relase the new chipsets and 800mhz fsb.

The 20% performance increase isn't really worth waiting for, when nobody really knows when apple will release the new chips. Since a large portion of apple's userbase (even the people who use pros) couldn't tell the difference between the two chips, like i said above apple may just opt to wait a little while. Plus, as the rate in which technology increases that 20% faster figure won't mean hardly anything in the coming year(s) as processor speeds continue to increase, double etc.

I'm happy with the MPBs as they are now, so that's when I'm buying mine. Nobody knows what apple will come out with, plus it's pointless to wait for technology since it's always technically obsolete. I guess it's just a matter of opinion, but that's how I'm thinking about it. I was going back and forth too.

DeVizardofOZ

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
Antarctica City;)
You are right, it is not just the Merom...

atad6 said:
I was in the same boat too, I finally decided to just order my MBP now. The new mobile intel chips (merom) aren't slated to release until August 22. Even with that, it's not guaranteed that apple will release the MBPs with the new chips right at that time. I could be wrong seeing as apple has ordered many of these new chips (or atleast sources say) but due to the fact that at that time they'll probably still have many of the yonah chips still lying around and that apple might wait a little while to "break in" the new chips, make sure they work with the MPB, i don't think this upgrade will give us a completely new MPB. I'm just saying realistically apple probably won't release the chip for several weeks (but you never know). I'm just saying, the first relase of merom seems nothing more than a transition chip, if you're into waiting then the best time would be to wait until qtr 2 07 when they relase the new chipsets and 800mhz fsb.

The 20% performance increase isn't really worth waiting for, when nobody really knows when apple will release the new chips. Since a large portion of apple's userbase (even the people who use pros) couldn't tell the difference between the two chips, like i said above apple may just opt to wait a little while. Plus, as the rate in which technology increases that 20% faster figure won't mean hardly anything in the coming year(s) as processor speeds continue to increase, double etc.

I'm happy with the MPBs as they are now, so that's when I'm buying mine. Nobody knows what apple will come out with, plus it's pointless to wait for technology since it's always technically obsolete. I guess it's just a matter of opinion, but that's how I'm thinking about it. I was going back and forth too.

It is not the increase in speed I am looking for, but the 64Bit capability. And I wait for the 800 MHz frontside bus... So I will definitely not buy now. The way people have been treated getting lemons I do not like. RAM turned out to be an isue too...

The fact that there are a number of quality and engineering issues shows me that Mr. Jobs and Co. do not have their grips on R&D and QC...

Good luck to you on the MBP.
:D

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
majorp said:
how much will 800mhz ram be? will they even use it?

Obviously they will, but one thing you should keep in mind is that 667Mhz modules were *very* expensive when the MBP first came out.

Oh, and the whole load of "Rev pseudo A" issues. I am not going to wait. The next bump to Core 2... I'm going.

I don't know what agenda DeVizardofOZ is running, but it is starting to get annoying, yes yes, wait till next April for your 800Mhz Meroms, for all you know I can probably get a mate to sign up to ADC, and buy the new one in his name too!

Now get going and be gone, we don't care! :rolleyes:

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
emotion said:
Out of interest what is it you need 64 Bit capabilities for? Just wondered.

I too am waiting for the 64 bit version as well.. 32 bit systems will be running the 32 bit versions of Windows Vista, and since the PC world is much more fast moving than the Mac world, in a while you might actually have trouble getting drivers or getting that newly released app to run.

DeVizardofOZ

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
Antarctica City;)
GENERIK you seem a nice enough guy(?)...

generik said:
I too am waiting for the 64 bit version as well.. 32 bit systems will be running the 32 bit versions of Windows Vista, and since the PC world is much more fast moving than the Mac world, in a while you might actually have trouble getting drivers or getting that newly released app to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorp
how much will 800mhz ram be? will they even use it? YES THEY WILL on the 2007 MBP rev.

Obviously they will, but one thing you should keep in mind is that 667Mhz modules were *very* expensive when the MBP first came out.

Oh, and the whole load of "Rev pseudo A" issues. I am not going to wait. The next bump to Core 2... I'm going.

I don't know what agenda DeVizardofOZ is running, but it is starting to get annoying, yes yes, wait till next April for your 800Mhz Meroms, for all you know I can probably get a mate to sign up to ADC, and buy the new one in his name too!

Now get going and be gone, we don't care! WHO IS WE???

You are writing that you wait, yet you display your dislike of my post....
So far APPLE's QC performance has not impressed me, neither has their general customer support. From what I read, plenty of problems, and plenty of customers are not enthused by APPLE's CARE...

I am using laptops for the past 15 (!) years. WINdoof is an awful OS, but well over 90% of the worlds laptops (alone) are not APPLEs. Why is that? Do only intelligent people buy APPLEs hardware? BS, if I buy a MBP I want a perfect machine for the money I pay. Trouble is the hardware is not tops, and the OS has problems with the new internal hardware. APPLEs OS is A1, but the company HAS TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.
If cars are build like that, nobody would buy them.

Don't find excuses for Mr. Jobs. act like a customer who can expect BEST QUALITY for his/her money.

CIAO:D

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
DeVizardofOZ said:
You are writing that you wait, yet you display your dislike of my post....
So far APPLE's QC performance has not impressed me, neither has their general customer support. From what I read, plenty of problems, and plenty of customers are not enthused by APPLE's CARE...

I am using laptops for the past 15 (!) years. WINdoof is an awful OS, but well over 90% of the worlds laptops (alone) are not APPLEs. Why is that? Do only intelligent people buy APPLEs hardware? BS, if I buy a MBP I want a perfect machine for the money I pay. Trouble is the hardware is not tops, and the OS has problems with the new internal hardware. APPLEs OS is A1, but the company HAS TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.
If cars are build like that, nobody would buy them.

Don't find excuses for Mr. Jobs. act like a customer who can expect BEST QUALITY for his/her money.

Quite frankly I am starting to question the motives behind your posts. Sure I am not a big fan of Apple's build quality too. In fact my last laptop before my PBG4 was a Thinkpad, and so was the one before that thinkpad, and then the one before that. In fact I have been a thinkpad user for years.

But hey, even though I'm unhappy I am also fairly realistic.

Just go take a look at the Thinkpad x60's price tag ok? And meanwhile compare the specifications to Apple's equivalent offering. Go on, just go google it out. I'll wait. And wipe that cocky grin off your sig, no wonder Stevo didn't hire you :D

DeVizardofOZ

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
Antarctica City;)
Motives...

generik said:
Quite frankly I am starting to question the motives behind your posts. Sure I am not a big fan of Apple's build quality too. In fact my last laptop before my PBG4 was a Thinkpad, and so was the one before that thinkpad, and then the one before that. In fact I have been a thinkpad user for years.

But hey, even though I'm unhappy I am also fairly realistic.

Just go take a look at the Thinkpad x60's price tag ok? And meanwhile compare the specifications to Apple's equivalent offering. Go on, just go google it out. I'll wait. And wipe that cocky grin off your sig, no wonder Stevo didn't hire you :D

Hey GENERIK,:p
ok, no more grinning. Did you check the Al link I posted? Al does not equal Al. So many grades. Some is harder, some softer;) . Of course Thinkpads are not cheap... I own one.
And a Toshiba's are neither. Apart from the Poop Win OS the hardware has been/is very good. I never had a problem like Mooing, whining, wobbling Screens, Hinge, and other problems. Also, NEVER did a harddrive die on me, like the PB17" a friend of mine owns, 3 screens and a harddrive died on him...

I simply want VALUE for MONEY when I order my APPLE's:rolleyes: AND I want APPLE not to deliver 20% lemons. QC.
Well, maybe a new design in 2007 does it.
CIAO
:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.