How long until the NewerTechnology high capacity Unibody MacBook battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by STSNorthstar, Jun 12, 2009.

1. STSNorthstar macrumors regular

Title says it all. I run the keyboard and screen at max-brightness, airport on, and 15 things open. I get 2 hours of battery life, I'd like another hour or so.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

What are you asking? It's already available in the 13" UMBP, and is not available for the 13" UMB as the connectors and whatnot are fairly different in placement.

3. STSNorthstar thread starter macrumors regular

not the nonremoveable battery. Newer Technology makes a high capacity battery for the polycarb macbooks, I'm wondering if one will be made for the Unibody Macbooks. I dont want to upgrade to a UMBP.

4. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

The screen I never have at max brightness unless doing photo work.. Right now, in the mid afternoon in my garage I have the brightness on the minimum and can see perfect.
    Almost at anytime I find that the keyboard and screen can be on the minimum level and still be perfectly visible. Turning the screen down alone will get you your extra hour of power your looking for.

5. STSNorthstar thread starter macrumors regular

I work in sunlit classrooms, I have to have the screen brighter to be able to comfortably use it unfortunately. I had to sell my 12" powerbook to get the macbook for the brighter screen!

I will definitely get a spare battery, but I wonder if there is word on a higher capacity replacement on the way.

6. Zafeer macrumors newbie

I sure hope that there is a better battery on the way!