How long until the Rev. A batches are fixed?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AcousticDoc, May 30, 2006.

  1. AcousticDoc macrumors regular

    Jul 18, 2005
    After a long time of researching, thinking and debating, I've decided to buy a Macbook. However, I keep reading about all these problem and I'm wondering if Apple is trying to fix them. Will buying a Rev A later on in the summer be better? Or does Apple not fix major stuff like temperate and mooing issues until the Rev Bs?
  2. other macrumors 6502

    Aug 18, 2005
    If you're planning on buying it late summer, why not wait for rev. b? Merom will probably be out in August, so I suppose Apple will upgrade their computers then.
  3. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

    Mar 30, 2004
    iGary, what would we do without your cynicism? :D
  4. Passante macrumors 6502a


    Apr 16, 2004
    on the sofa
    rev c is a good bet. iGary can be soooo negative;)
  5. risc macrumors 68030


    Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wouldn't that just be Rev. A of the Merom range? ;)
  6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040


    Nov 5, 2002
    You will always find someone to complain about a machine ... its the nature of mass production.

    Rev B usually takes care of the majority of the quirks but new things are always popping up and things like "too hot" are very subjective and are probably never truly fixed giving the subjective nature.
  7. YS2003 macrumors 68020


    Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    I always check up this type of forums before I purchase my computer. So far, there are so many negative comments on various forums, even though that is not a scientific way to measure the workmanship of the machines.

    I did not buy iBook when I was ready many comments on logic board problems; but, I bought the last rev iBook as I detected more praise on its virtues.

    I checked up MB at an Apple Store and a CompUSA store. I noticed the display machines exhibited tendency to show more beach-balls than I recall with iBook and PowerBook. Maybe some customers messed up the machines; but, I have not seen the same conditions with iBook/PB when I was checking up the machines at the store.

    I admit new MBPs look nice; but, I have decided to wait till next year when more Universal Binary software becomes available. I hope Apple will learn a lot from "beta testers (i.e.. early adopters)" to fine-tune their hardware. After that stage is done, I think MB and MBP are ready for a prime time.
  8. AcousticDoc thread starter macrumors regular

    Jul 18, 2005
    And it is everyone's belief here that rev B Macbooks should be out by september?

Share This Page