How long until uni MBPs were in refurb store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Colin20, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Colin20 macrumors regular

I'm just curious if anybody can recall roughly how long it took after the unibody MBPs were released for them to start showing up in the U.S. & CDN refurbished online store.

Thanks

2. enochpeng macrumors regular

a little bit more than 2 months i think

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Most models show up in the 2-3 month range, although I think it was closer to 3 months (but it's a bit full of cobwebs back there...). If you work forward from the ship date on the first ones, add time for problems to crop up, apple to refuse to acknowledge the problem, grudgingly give in, have the problem machine sent back in, repair it, restore it, and put it up for sale, it's 8-12 weeks.

4. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

2 months, Im pretty sure I saw them during Christmas time.

ChrisN

5. Colin20 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just trying to decide if I want to wait for the 2.66 to hit the refurb store or get a refurb 2.53 (if Apple lowers the price). Since I'll be keeping this laptop for 4 years or so I'd like to get the 2.53 or 2.66 over the 2.4. I'm willing to wait 2 months if necessary.

6. ColinEC macrumors 6502

I don't think there will be much of a performance difference between the 2.53GHz and 2.66GHz, if it's really important to own a laptop now just go for it. That 26MHz speed bump isn't really going to do anything.

Also, cool name :p

7. Colin20 thread starter macrumors regular

Besides performance I'm curious about the construction of the 2.66 and if they fixed the problems since the first unibody release (screen hinge, screen bleed issues, etc.). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Haha I agree!