How long until we can buy in stores normally?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jttran241, Oct 5, 2011.

1. jttran241 macrumors member

How many days (or weeks) does it usually take, after pre-orders are all done, until we can walk into a store, say apple, at&t, or a best buy, to buy the new iphone without having to wait until they get them in stock? If I'm unable to get a pre-order and get the phone next friday, will I be able to get them in stores the week after?

2. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

You could technically be able to get it on the 14th. But your odds aren't that great.

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

They are available at the 14th. When they will actually have them in stock is entirely dependent on where you are, how many people buy the new iPhone, and when that store gets shipments.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

iPhone 4S will most likely sell out...

They are launching on three carriers compare to just one carrier last year. The line will be greater than you think.

5. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I wonder if and how much them producing phones for three carriers willstrain supplies. I mean, this is the first time an iPhone has been initially released to the public on more than one carrier here in the US. That's a helluva lot more prospective buyers.

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

But now they can make one device for all three vs. 2 devices for 2 different last time. Imagine if they made 3 different devices for the carriers.

7. jap1198 macrumors 6502

The day after launch I waited in line for like 10 min for the iPhone 4. I was actually surprised that they stock left over.

8. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

From a production and supply-chain management standpoint, average costs are lower when you produce more units. You can produce more of one phone for all three networks than you could with the costs associated with producing three different phones for three different networks. And it's much easier to manage and distribute. This will only help supply levels.

9. Monkey-House macrumors newbie

When it was released in "Feb", my store had more than enough. That shipment lasted about 3 weeks. Of course I'm not in a huge metropolitan area but there was a very good amount of hype in store.

I figure the amount customers getting the 4s in my store will be less then the 4 did.