How long until we see third party lightning cables?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by snook911, Sep 14, 2012.

1. snook911, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

snook911 macrumors 6502a

Is it going to be possible for the third party cable makers to make copies of the lightning cable or has apple put something in them that will make that difficult. I mean you pick up 30 pin connectors on amazon for like $5.00 including the shipping so how long until lightning cables like that start showing up.(well maybe not $5 but you get the idea)

2. rotarypower101 macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Good question, don't let this one slide to the next page unanswered.

Where are the likely first (good quality) reproductions and affordable alternatives going to come from?

I am thinking monoprice....
    Any other good sources that will likely have them soon, that we can keep an eye on to get our multiple cord changeover fix?

Anyone out there have some details on specs, or a educated guess on whether they will be able to have longer lengths in the lightning cables?

One of the issues I always had was finding heavy gauge ~2-3m cables that would run the power hungry devices

TIA

3. corry20 macrumors regular

Hopefully soon.I can't find myself paying 20 dollars a cable and I have one for the car,Office and my bag.The 30pin ones I bought for about 1dollar on amazon and work fine.