How Long Until You Actually Receive a Tracking Number?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by catmonkey, May 23, 2011.

1. catmonkey macrumors member

Hi all,

I ordered a white iPad 2 (only 16GB) and an orange Smart Cover on May 4th, it shipped on the 17th and is estimated to be delivered on the 25th, today is the 23rd and I still don't have an actual tracking number for UPS as I expect it will be here in the UK - It just keeps saying tracking details to be updated shortly.

How has everyones else's experience been with tracking their shipment?

2. blarivee macrumors 6502

US here. Didn't have that problem. In my case, Apple online order status system showed the tracking number once it lists as shipped. You should called up Apple and check with them.

3. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Although not in the UK. My order was prepared for shipment and 12 hours later I had a tracking number.

I'd get in touch with Apple to check on your order.

4. catmonkey thread starter macrumors member

Delivery Today

I rang customer services yesterday afternoon and the polite lady said she will send a message to management, I wake up this morning to see UPS have been assigned and got the package last night, as of 5am it is out for delivery today before 12.

I still would have liked more information earlier in the process instead of the day before!

Now comes the anxious wait where you think every noise in the house is the delivery guy knocking!

5. catmonkey thread starter macrumors member

Got it!

No regrets at all, worth every penny! It's shocking how different things are in the same apps between iPhone and iPad that take fantastic advantage of the extra screen real estate.

Worried about the fate of my MacBook pro now, might sell it and switch to an iMac.