how long was it before the iphone 4 was readily available?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i hate phones, Oct 10, 2011.

1. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

i know no one can predict the supply of the 4s, but i can't upgrade until Nov 1st which is about 2 weeks after release... i upgraded on the release day of the 4 so have no idea but does anyone remember what the 4's availablility was like about 2 weeks in? was it still super hard to find? though after thinking about it, with it being spread out amongst 3 carriers its probably hard to compare, unless each carrier gets less than what AT&T got with the 4...

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

It took a few months for reliable stock supplies in stores. However, past performance is no indication of the future.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

As soon as second round launch is over your good to go. Till then every dodgy sod in the world will clear out the apple stores

4. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

They were more prepared for this release, besides this one Phone covers all of AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and some Unlocked versions, so I do not think they will have supply constraints they had with the 4.

I think a lot of folks are buying this model as it was the last one in the SJ era, as well a lot of ppl are stating the S is a tribute to Steve Jobs, noth that either of these two statements has any fact to it, but ppl are assuming.

I think you will see a lot of these sold in the next 12 months, especially with the edition of VZ, Sprint and Apple offering Unlocked here in the USA.