How long will a repair take?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JordanLB23, Apr 30, 2010.

1. JordanLB23 macrumors regular

taking my mbp to apple store to get my gts8600 vid card fixed or somehing and they gotta replace the logic board.

i heard on here it takes a few hours but the guy said 3-4 days?

2. mdatwood macrumors 6502a

When I had mine done it took a few days. They had to ship it off and told me up to a week, but I think I had it back on the 3rd day. Of course, if they have the part in store it may be much faster.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It depends on the store, what techs they have on hand and what parts they have available.

Some repairs can be done in-store, but if they lack the parts then it has to be sent out for repair. If you luck out and they can do this in-store, then it's a few hours. If they can't, then it will take a few days.

4. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

My local Apple Store seems to do no repairs that are very substantial. I have had to have repairs done on three occasions and the Apple Store sent it to a repair center every time. The good news was, despite a pessimistic estimate by the store as to how long the repairs would take, in every instance, the computer was shipped out one day, repaired and shipped back the next, and returned to me on the third.